GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA letter responses - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA letter responses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA letter responses

I'm new here and looking for some advice....my ex partner and I had a lot of debt between us so went into a debt management plan about 6 years ago. We have been chipping away at it and have come to a stage where we have separated and sold our home. We were going to make offers to the creditors but after speaking to a friend decided to send out a CCA letter. The response so far has been interesting.

NRAM - have sent a copy of the signed agreement although we are not sure if it is still unenforceable - i think i need to upload the agreement somewhere else though...will look..

The letters are in the link as i couldn't upload for some reason - hope it works

Any advice warmly welcome as this is all so new and i'm worried ill mess it up!!

Thanks in advance,

Re: CCA letter responses

I've deleted the link to Dropbox as the letters had personal info and this is a public forum.

I see you now uploaded correctly in our secure section. I'll reply there
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You're in the right place sezzalenny.

I reckon what we don't know between us, aint worth knowing
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome to AAD. If you look around you will see that many have fought the same battles. Have a look in our unenforceable diaries and start one yourself. That way you will keep each debt together and it will be easier to make sure that the correct help is given.
        This is a link to the diaries http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries

This thread explains how to lay out your diary http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First!

Good luck
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello from me too ,

If you look at some of the diary's as Cym suggested you will see that we have all been there, done that, got the T shirt and done the tour.
          some of us appear to be writing a book,

so any questions and I do mean ANY, please go ahead and ask, if one of us can't help another possibly can.

NW xxx

Comment

hello all,

the websites showing up a bit funny in my browser so hope this will show in the right bit.
            I got back from the weekend and have a letter from Cabot financial saying that they are going to arrange for a company called Resolvecall to visit me - but worried that someone is going to turn up at the door! Has anyone else had this?

Thanks in advance, S

Comment

Hiya , yes many of us have had doorstep visit threats ,mostly that's just what they are ...threats. We have a template for this scenario and unless invited by you y have no rights at all. Take a look and pop one off. xxxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thank you - that's reassuring. I've subscribed and I'm looking around the site but I can't find a section for templates. Only free templates which doesn't seem to cover this? Sorry to be a pain!

Comment

If someone does turn up at your door, you are not obliged to speak to them - indeed it is recommended that you do not engage in conversation with them about any debt. Simply tell them to leave and close the door on them.

Comment

Most times they send the letter but nobody ever visits....

Sound advice from still waving - Either don't answer or if you do and it is them, just close the door and go back inside. You do not have to speak with them and neither would I encourage you to do so

The letter you are looking for is in the template letter section under Harassment templates. It is the one marked something along the lines of"Harassment and threat of doorstep visit"

Send it to Cabot, Ideally recorded post so that you have a proof of delivery etc

Comment

Originally posted by sezzalenny View Post
                      Thank you - that's reassuring. I've subscribed and I'm looking around the site but I can't find a section for templates. Only free templates which doesn't seem to cover this? Sorry to be a pain!
                      Hi, you need to join AAD+ for templates - see the tab at the top of the forum called, AAD+.

AAD+ Link -> https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/members
                      Free Templates link ->https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/templates

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X