GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Credit Card

Either late 1990s or early 2000s, OH took out a Tesco Credit Card. For some unfathamable reason, we have been paying a token sum of £15 pm since 2003! I have sent various CCA requests all of which they have rejected because the letter is digitally signed. I have sent the template letters explaining that they know our address, send statements etc and no need to sign. Latest letter wants OH to ring to verify details. No. After the last letter as per its contents I stopped payments.

Tesco CC 15 years old

£4,900 outstanding

Not being paid.

Further updates to follow.........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Tesco Credit Card

they did the same to me as did BoS, they even sent my No signature required letter back because it wasn't signed,
    they did send some thing but said it was under the DPA but no T&C, not paid them since
    BoS was passed to Wescot who last wrote saying, as the account was opened over 6 years ago they don't have to send anything?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It would be funny if it wasn't so worrying as to how many people believe their lies!

Comment

Rbs did same with me. Turned out to be delay tactics. Get it signed on top of aad anti tamper strip

Comment

no need SX if they can't be arsed why should we accommodate them, I am not being harassed by them, Cym may not either
          , if she is then send it x

Comment

Fair enough if there's no harassment then leave it alone. However what you don't want is a claim and then having to defend it. I decided to give in simply because I wanted to know where I stood. And as it turned out they couldn't enforce. If they hide behind dpa so they don't need to admit they have no cca then you may never know the truth till you have a claim to defend. It's your choice really.

Comment

I can see both arguments and am feeling a bit Bolshie but will wait to see what the next letter brings before I decided whether to get anything signed.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. It's just my opinion. I know niddy would say stuff them. Like I say if they are not harassing you then leave it if you feel that's the best move.

Comment

Good luck Cym , xxx it sounds as tho its hard to know what to do.
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

They asked me, and I scrawled an illegible thingy at the bottom. I am still waiting for documents. I don't think they check the signature, because the nice people in the Compliance Department have better things to do than bring up a copy of your signature from the bowels of the earth, and they would need to find a document that has your signature on it to do so, and then ask you to confirm it I your . It is probably a delaying tactic, something on the checklist to tick off.

How can they check it, as every time you sign it is different in some way? And, you could have broken your arm/hand/fingers. You could send a squiggle and then complain that sent confidential docs without due care.

Did they end you a stamped envelope for the return mail?

Comment

No stamped envelope.

Comment

And still nothing! No payments, no letters, nothing .........

Comment

as a site mod why didn't you tell me about this!

Please don't do anything silly - they aren't making threats are they? I hope you've ceased payment now.....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            as a site mod why didn't you tell me about this!

Please don't do anything silly - they aren't making threats are they? I hope you've ceased payment now.....
                            As they have just refused to send anything I have posted here and not bothered you because I haven't heard anything else! Just hoping nothing lost in the post ..........

Comment

Ok nice one. Keep us updated
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X