GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script KKA's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KKA's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KKA View Post
    Hi Guys
    Can someone please also remind me regarding the Postal Order for the CCA and £10 for the SAR?
    Do i just ask for a blank £1 postal order and include this?
    Also do i send a cheque made payable for the SAR?
    Thanks alot.
    KKA
    As regards the £1 postal order, it's usually best to make it crossed and payable to the creditor you are sending it to. They have been known to return a blank one "as it's not payable to us".
    Similarly, once someone has advised who the SAR should be sent to (ex Egg) make the cheque payable to them.

Comment

. . . . duplicated post . . . .

Di
      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 19 September 2017, 10:43. Reason: duplicated post - technical blip

Comment

On the form it states all documents/payments should be sent to Restons - however the claimant is Arrow Global Ltd.
        Who should i send the CCA request to?
        The CCA Request goes to Arrow (since it's not a court document such as a Witness Statement etc) and you send a copy of it to Restons Solicitors so they know what you've done.

After that you can send a CPR 31.14 Request to Restons asking for them to produce the documents they have mentioned in the Partoculars of Claim such as the Defaut Notice or Notice of Assignment etc.

Here's a link to that template letter which you can download here in the AAD+ secure section > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...egal-templates

Di

Comment

Hi Guys
          Thanks for the response.
          To confirm i will post the CCA request to Arrow Global with a £1 postal order made payable to Arrow.
          I will send a copy of this letter to Restons.
          I will also send a CPR 31.14 to Restons.
          If anyone can advise on an address for the SAR?
          Much Appreciated.
          KKA

Comment

was your egg card taken over by Barclays? if so the SAR is sent to them
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nightwatch
              Thanks for the reply - i think barclays only purchased credit cards from egg?
              As this was a loan i dont think it was sold to barclays??
              The earliest correspondence i can find is when in 2014 - it was Wescott chasing for Moorgate Loan Servicing.
              I then have a letter from Jan 2016 confirming that the Egg loan was sold be Idem to Arrow.
              KKA

Comment

Britannica- Moorgate took over MBNA, Egg and a few other loans in 2011, I have had a look on the web and found the following address

Customer Relations Manager
                Moorgate Loan Servicing
                PO Box 16140
                Solihull B91 9HH

Hope this is of some help xx
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nightwatch
                  Thanks for the reply - i think barclays only purchased credit cards from egg?
                  As this was a loan i dont think it was sold to barclays??
                  The earliest correspondence i can find is when in 2014 - it was Wescott chasing for Moorgate Loan Servicing.
                  I then have a letter from Jan 2016 confirming that the Egg loan was sold be Idem to Arrow.
                  KKA
                  Moorgate Loan Servicing and Idem are both part of the Paragon Group of companies. Possibly the loan was assigned to Idem Capital, who would then farm it out to their collection arm ??
                  Last edited by nightwatch; 21 September 2017, 13:51.

Comment

Help! What happened there? Perhaps one of the Mods can tidy this up ??

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      Help! What happened there? Perhaps one of the Mods can tidy this up ??
                      It would have to be a mod better than me, finding my own threads is a challange

Comment

If anyone can advise on an address for the SAR?
                        Since this was an Egg loan (not credit card) you send the SAR to Canada Square Operations since they now deal with everything > https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do

and this is from the ICO website > https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z1935275

Barclays only bought the credit card business from Egg.

Di

Comment

Hi Guys
                          Thanks for the responses.
                          I will get the SAR out today to Canada Square Operations.
                          KKA

Comment

Hi Guys
                            Received a letter from Arrow Global today.
                            They have returned the letter with the Postal Order attached.

The Letter states..........

We Thank you for your letter and acknowledged your request for documentation pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974.
                            We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.

Any advice on this?
                            Many Thanks
                            KKA​​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Guys
                              Received a letter from Arrow Global today.
                              They have returned the letter with the Postal Order attached.

The Letter states..........

We Thank you for your letter and acknowledged your request for documentation pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974.
                              We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.

Any advice on this?
                              Many Thanks
                              KKA​​​​​​​
                              Just sit back and await developments. They will try to get the copy agreement from the OC, even if they don't want your £1. I had the same reply from them, and months later they sent some documentation, but all that time the account was on hold.

Comment

Hi Guys
                                Also received a response from Restons regarding the CPR 13.14
                                I have blanked out any personal info.
                                Any advice on the next steps?
                                Many Thanks
                                KKA

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X