GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oakfieldboy Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakfieldboy Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter dated 16/07/2018 from Lowell not heard from me, could I get in touch to arrange an affordable repayment plan and also they enclosed a Annual Statement.

Comment

Originally posted by oakfieldboy View Post
      Letter dated 16/07/2018 from Lowell not heard from me, could I get in touch to arrange an affordable repayment plan and also they enclosed a Annual Statement.
      Is this your Capital One?

At the moment I would do nothing but they are a bit sneaky, lulling you into a false sense of security then bang.

As Di said, there can be many reasons, Jo beat Lowell for me because there was no default notice. All it took was a good defence and WS , a fantastic barrister and me saying in court , and sticking to it, there was no DN. In my case I was alble to say, I had comprehensive records from that time, had reviewed them and there was definitely no Default Notice
      Last edited by Warwick65; 22 July 2018, 17:00.

Comment

Yes it is my Capital one debt

Comment

Halifax Loan

Letter from Bank of Scotland dated 23rd July 2018 As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your account to debt collection Moorcroft Group
          Please contact Moorcroft as soon as possible to arrange to pay back the outstanding balance.

Comment

You won't, of course.

Comment

Halifax Loan

Letter from Moorcroft dated 27/07/2018

We have been instructed by Bank of Scotland to collect your overdue account.

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to contact us so that we can discuss the payment of this account. We offer a number of repayment methods which are listed on the back of this letter. We will always seek to agree with you a repayment plan that you can afford when payment in full is not possible.

To prevent us recommending to our client that further debt recovery action to be taken, it is essential that you contact us to discuss this account without delay. Payment should be submitted in full within 7 days.

We would draw your attention that our client has registered a default against your credit file in relation to this account. The default may effect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Comment

Are you still paying this off or did you stop?
                Last edited by Warwick65; 30 July 2018, 17:41. Reason: Edit- Didn't read the post fully

Comment

Lloyds Bank Credit Card

Letter from Lloyds Bank dated 26/07/2018 Account has now been assigned to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. from the 29/06/2018

Letter from Lowell dated 26/07/2018 this letter is intended to give you formal notice that your outstanding account with Lloyds Bank Plc was sold assigned Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. On the 29/06/2018 Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd has instructed Lowell Financial Ltd to manage your account.

As you may be aware, Lloyds Bank Plc previously placed your account with Robinson Way. for your convenience, your account will remain with Robinson Way and any payment will be forwarded to Lowell and credited to your account.

Comment

Hi Warwick65 no it is my Halifax Loan from Post 15 it is not Statute Barred but I have stop paying.

Comment

Hi
                      Yes I read back.

Am I right in thinking this was UE because it was delivered by a courier

If that is the case and they start giving you aggro then just a simple SWID and see what happens next.

Comment

Yes Niddy said
                        this was UE because it was delivered by a courier,
                        these couriers were not authorised to canvas off site nor were they authorised or regulated to answer any queries i may have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                          Is this your Capital One?

As Di said, there can be many reasons, Jo beat Lowell for me because there was no default notice. All it took was a good defence and WS , a fantastic barrister and me saying in court , and sticking to it, there was no DN. In my case I was alble to say, I had comprehensive records from that time, had reviewed them and there was definitely no Default Notice

This is true

Even if the debt purchaser produces a perfectly compliant credit agreement, they can still find themselves unable to enforce the debt in court if they haven't complied with all their other statutory obligations.

Di

Comment

Hi Di

I have look though the SAR paperwork for the Capital one and Lloyds credit cards, there is no copy of a Default Notice or any mention of one being issued.

Comment

Capital One - Lowell

Letter from Lowell dated 30/07/2018 We have not heard from you. What happens next? we want to help you clear your balance but if you do not contact us to arrange repayment we will take further action to recover this debt.

Comment

I would wait and see what they send next. They don't state what action they intend to take next ( if any)
                                Last edited by nightwatch; 9 August 2018, 23:18. Reason: Chuffi n spelling
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X