GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global/Shop Direct - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global/Shop Direct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global/Shop Direct

Hi, new to the site and looking for some advice please.
    I had three Shop Direct accounts that were included in a DMP at the end of 2012 which are now in the hands of Arrow Global. A number of other creditiors were included on the DMP and they have defaulted end of 2012/Jan 2013 so soon to drop off my credit file.
    Shop Direct did not default their accounts, although I have been in correspondence with them asking to do so from the date of the DMP in 2012, as Arrow have threatened to Default (Arrow has written to say that the accounts had fixed payments on them when received from Shop Direct and therefore when my DMP was reassessed and the payments went down, they say that these are only partial payments and so in arrears).
    I have CCAd Arrow and have received letters 1) stating that there should be no default put on by Shop Direct as it was their policy to help customers to not default. 2) acknowledging CCA stating that they do not accept that they are the creditor but will assist in obtaining the documents and returning the £1 cheque. 3) stating they are unable to obtain a copy of the credit agreemnet at this time and confirming that the accounts will not be subject to collection until the document becomes available.
    As I have been unable to get Shop Direct to default yet, if I were to advise my DMP company to stop payments to Arrow and Arrow subsequently managed to provide the credit agreement, would these missed payments flag up as such on my credit file and would Arrow be able to treat them as arrears to Default me.
    As I said, pretty much all of my defaults (bar one mobile phone one for £13 in 2014!) were registered in 2012/early 2013 and therefore will be droping off soon, so obviously don't want to risk having another one now. Would it be wise to continue making payments whilst I try to get Shop Direct to default?
    Many thanks

Diana Mayhew
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello TTP

How many debts in total do you have in your DMP?

What works for one may not work for the other so what would help the forum is if you make a separate post for each one then you'll get individual help for them. Use this format >
      • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft etc)
      • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
      • Approx balance
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying
      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

And then also read this link to see how things work on the forum > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first

I see you have the three debts now apparently owned by Arrow. Is that Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd which is unlicensed? It may matter.

Arrow tend to outsource collections of their debts to their "partners" which can be solicitors such as Restons, so who has been chasing you for these debts?

I look forward to helping you on the forum.

Di

Comment

Thanks TheTechClark & Diana, I'll start going through them in the format above.
        DMP is joint with my partner and has approx 15 creditors.

Re. Arrow Global it's Ltd and they are getting NCO to collect.

They have sent a copy of the signed credit agreement dated 07/08 for one of the accounts this morning with a statement of transactions and payments to Shop Direct from 08 to June 13, which is when I think Arrow took over. It also has a default date on it now of 13.06.2013/sold balance/debit/credit/interest/charges etc
        Last edited by TTP; 11 May 2018, 11:56.

Comment

Shop Direct
          • Type of account home catalogue
          • Date commenced 07/2008
          • Approx balance £1760
          • Date last paid 10/2010
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Default
          • Account owner NCO on behalf of Arrow Global Ltd
          Letters sent to ask for a default from DMP date. Arrow asked Shop Direct they declined
          20/04/18 CCA sent to Arrow (acknowledgement received)
          09/05/18 Letter from Arrow to say they are unable to obtain yet.
          11/05/18 Credit Agreement received with statement of account.
          Last edited by TTP; 11 May 2018, 12:17.

Comment

Shop Direct
            • Date commenced 07/2008
            • Approx balance £3394
            • Date last paid 10/2012
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) DCA stating arrears as they consider a reduction due to DMP review as partial payment
            • Account owner NCO on behalf of Arrow Global Ltd
            Letters sent to ask for a default from DMP date. Arrow asked Shop Direct - they declined
            20/04 CCA request to Arrow (acknowlegement received)
            09/05 Letter from Arrow - Unable to obtain a copy, will send when avaliable
            Last edited by TTP; 11 May 2018, 12:25.

Comment

Shop Direct
              • Date commenced unsure 2008ish?
              • Approx balance £870
              • Date last paid 10/2012
              • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) DCA stating arrears as they consider a reduction due to DMP review as partial payment
              • Account owner NCO on behalf of Arrow Global
              Letters sent to ask for a default from DMP date. Arrow asked Shop Direct they declined
              20/04 CCA request to Arrow (acknowlegement received)
              09/05 Letter from Arrow - Unable to obtain a copy, will send when avaliable

Comment

Shop Direct
                • Date commenced 07/2008
                • Approx balance £1151
                • Date last paid 10/2013
                • Status arrears (upto date with DMP but full balance shows as arrears on statements)
                • Account owner Shop Direct
                20/2018 Letter sent asking to default from DMP date

Comment

RBS
                  • Type of account credit card
                  • Date commenced 04/2011
                  • Approx balance £4100
                  • Date last paid 10/2012
                  • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) default 01/2013
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Wescot on behalf of Cabot

Comment

Barclaycard
                    • Date commenced 02/2002
                    • Approx balance £3770
                    • Date last paid 10/2012
                    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) default 06/2013
                    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Link Financials
                    20/04/18 letter to Barclaycard asking to default from date of DMP
                    09/05/18 CCA to Link

Comment

Natwest
                      • Type of account loan to repay a business overdraft
                      • Date commenced unsure, circa 2007
                      • Approx balance £3160
                      • Date last paid 10/2012
                      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) unsure - not showing on Equifax or Experian
                      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) CMS Recoveries - Natwest headed paper
                      20/04/2018 letter to Nawest complaint about the circumstances of the loan as it was to pay off an overdraft. They would not accept an offer of repayment and insisted on a loan.
                      Last edited by TTP; 11 May 2018, 14:31.

Comment

Nationwide
                        • Type of account Credit Card
                        • Date commenced 05/2011
                        • Approx balance £2800
                        • Date last paid 10/2012
                        • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Late Payments up to 6 from Nov 2012 on credit file then settled.
                        • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Nationwide
                        20/04/2018 letter asking for a default to be added from date of DMP

Comment

Natwest
                          • Date commenced 01/2011
                          • Approx balance £2690
                          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) 10/2012
                          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) default 01/2013
                          • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Cabot financial via Wescot

Comment

MBNA
                            • Date commenced 09/2001
                            • Approx balance £2110
                            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) default 04/2013
                            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Link Financial
                            20/04 letter asking for a default on the date of DMP
                            09/05 CCA to Link

Comment

Aqua
                              • Date commenced 08/2012
                              • Approx balance £1520
                              • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) default 03/2013
                              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Intrum uk finance
                              20/04/2018 letter to Aqua asking to default at DMP date

Comment

Working...
                              X