GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Virginmoney query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virginmoney query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginmoney query

Hi
    We have 2 accounts with VM - both opened in 2012. At this time they were MBNA cards with VM on them, but at some point they became VM cards, with no reference to MBNA on them. This may not matter, but thought I would mention it. We owe approx £11.5k and £10k on these accounts. We sent CCA requests to the DCA back in early 2016 and they regularly write and advise they have not yet received them from VM.

I know that whilst they have not supplied the CCAs the accounts are UE, but I wondered if there was any experience on this site with MBNA/VM accounts from as late as 2012 being UE, or whether they are likely to produce CCAs. I know they can produce reconstituted documents but they just don't seem to be sorting themselves out, and the longer it goes on, the more I am getting my hopes up.

We haven't paid anything since early 2016 or responded to any communications, so I am also aware the statute barred clock is ticking along at the same time.

Thanks for any information anyone has regarding experience of MBNA/VM accounts.

I have read your post, it has not been ignored,

as they cannot get the agreement at the moment just keep putting any payment you would of made to one side.
    can I ask "who is the DCA"?

Did VM send any letter saying they were changing it from MBNA/VM to just VM
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
      Many thanks for your post.

The debts were sold to Arrow and is being managed by Moorcroft.

I can't remember whether we had any communication from VM when it changed from MBNA to VM. Sorry.

As I said, I do realise that as these debts are from 2012 they are likely to be enforceable, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I can go on ignoring them quite happily. They were only getting £1 per month anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X