GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card start dates - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card start dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card start dates

hi all
    just getting the info together to start my diary. I have no paperwork at all since I took out the cards and have been blocked from using the online accounts.
    how do you find out when a card was taken out?
    thanks.

If it's just for the diary info, just state not sure but give a rough indication of when you think they were taken out. The most pertinent issue is whether they were pre or post April 2007.

For a definitive answer you would need to send a SAR to the original creditors, which would cost £10 for each creditor. This should provide you with all information the creditor holds re the account, including start date.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 24 October 2017, 12:23. Reason: Added month (April)

Comment

I got mine from Noddle, not sure how accurate it is but I had no idea of what year any of them were.

Comment

Yes I've checked on noddle and experian, they both have different dates. And experian has egg card on it, I think that's what my barclaycard used to be. I'm very confused now

Comment

I just used noddle as Experian didn't have half mine on there and was out dated information. Think most use call credit which is what noddle use I think.

Comment

Originally posted by vaper View Post
            I've checked on noddle and experian, they both have different dates. And experian has egg card on it, I think that's what my barclaycard used to be. I'm very confused now

The start dates on your CRA file can be unreliable.

Also any debt which was defaulted six years ago or more won't be showing on your CRA file since the whole entry is removed six years to the day when the default was registered (i.e. you won't be able to check start dates if the account is old).

It's good news that the current owner of your ex-Barclaycard thinks it was a Barclaycard if it really wasn't (because it was an Egg).

Sometimes you have to see the vagueness, discrepancies and inconsistencies as a good thing not a bad thing.

If a debt owner wants to win in court they have to get their facts right. Don't help them along the way by telling them what they've got wrong. Just be happy that they have

If you tell them what's wrong then you give them the opportunity to remedy the flaw.

Di

Comment

Working...
            X