GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New to unenforceability-help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to unenforceability-help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to unenforceability-help please

Hi,
    My husband and I have been on a DMP since last October, making token payments only to our creditors. We were both made redundant and we used up all sources to keep up repayments and did the usual of robbing Peter to pay Paul! I recently sent CCA requests to our creditors-some have come back with copy or reconstituted agreements and one has come back advising unenforceable but debt remains....I have no idea what to do now, and also no clue what to look for in these agreements. What's the best way to get help and advice please? Thank you.

Hello

The best way to tackle this is to make a separate post for each debt then you'll get help and support every time there's an update such as a letter from the current owner of the debt (assuming some may have been sold on).

You've both sent off your s 77-79 CCA Requests so that's a step in the right direction. Even though you're in a DMP the creditors must reply to you direct in response to your CCA Request, they shouldn't write to the DMP provider.

Are these accounts fairly recent or were any of them opened before 2007?

Good Luck with your unenforceable journey and I look forward to helping..

Di

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. We are self managing our DMP. Only 2 out of the 8 have been sold on to Lowells. There are at least 3 I think we are pre 2007, one of which has come back as unenforceable as they can't provide me with the paperwork.
      Thank you. I will add a post with the individual debts-should I name it my diary, like other posters have?

Comment

Working...
      X