GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard account opened 2008 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard account opened 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard account opened 2008

Hi all

You lovely people helped me with an unenforceable debt from MBNA and saved us a whopping £10k. We are on a self managed DMP and most of our debts are more recent (consolidation mistakes !! ). However, we do have a Barclaycard account opened in 2008 on which we owe about £11k. Is there any chance this could be unenforceable - or am I chasing rainbows and dreams. I have done a CCA request anyway and had the response but haven't got a clue what I am looking at.

Thanks for taking the time to read {and hopefully respond}.

Jan

Originally posted by January2015 View Post
    we do have a Barclaycard account opened in 2008 on which we owe about £11k. Is there any chance this could be unenforceable - or am I chasing rainbows and dreams. I have done a CCA request anyway and had the response but haven't got a clue what I am looking at.
    Is Barclaycard the current owner of this debt or has it been sold on?

I assume that since this account is in your DMP you are possibly not being chased by solicitors at the moment, or are you?

There are all sort of reasons why a debt may not be enforceable in court other than the credit agreement so don't over-worry if the CCA has all the right ingredients at first sight

Di

Comment

Hi
      Debt is still with BC. We argued over the default date - and successfully got that back dated to about 18 months earlier than they had originally recorded it. Due to personal circumstances we are currently only paying £1 per month to each of our creditors. BC have been getting this sum for about 18 months now and don't seem bothered about selling the debt on or transferring it to a DCA to manage.

I have the CCA response but don't have clue whether it's compliant or not.

Thanks for responding so promptly

Comment

you need to get Niddy to check out your CCA send a copy to him with nothing blanked out, make sure to give him a link to this thread. webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          you need to get Niddy to check out your CCA send a copy to him with nothing blanked out, make sure to give him a link to this thread. webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
          Many thanks - email with attachments sent to Niddy and link to this thread included.

Comment

Working...
          X