GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Bank of Scotland Loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Bank of Scotland Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Bank of Scotland Loan

I had a loan with Bank of Scotland in 2000 and believe I was misled PPI. The loan was in joint names with my late husband. I do not have the account number and would like some advice about how to proceed.
    Many thanks

Re: Old Bank of Scotland Loan

you need to follow the banks's PPI complaints procedure. If you dn't know the account number, they will be able to find it for you.

Comment

Thank you for your response but I have already followed their procedure and they say they cannot find my account and have asked me to provide an account number.

Comment

Have you given them your husband's name? It may be that his name was first on the account (our current account is set up like that).

Comment

I would check in your husbands name first but if that gets you no where then I think you have to go to the ombudsman as it appears to be over 6 years old. Do you have any paperwork at all anything that may relate, even something from the insurance company which underwrote the ppi?

Comment

I have given my late husbands name along with my name. The only thing I have found is a letter about my direct debit details. This had a reference number but it didn't help. I know we had a loan and the direct debit letter confirms it. My address is the same so I don't understand why they can't the account. They said I need the account number.

Comment

I think the ombudsman may well be the way to go. This is not my area of expertise, have you spoken to them or filled in their form, has all of this been in writing???

Comment

I rang them and they sent out forms that I filled in with all the information I had. It is an old loan from 2000 but I have heard of others claiming misled PPI from the late 1990's.

Comment

Hi Carjam, the thing with loans is once they are paid off the loan company (if there has been no arrears) will close down the account and archive it, I belive they only have to keep any reference to it for 10 years.
                  Others that have been claiming further back may of had a Credit card which they may of only got rid of more recently, so the details may still be on file,

Good luck , I hope you can get some help from th ombusman xx
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    Hi Carjam, the thing with loans is once they are paid off the loan company (if there has been no arrears) will close down the account and archive it, I belive they only have to keep any reference to it for 10 years.
                    Others that have been claiming further back may of had a Credit card which they may of only got rid of more recently, so the details may still be on file,

Good luck , I hope you can get some help from th ombusman xx
                    Lloyds / HBOS have records going back further than 10 years for many loans, but not all, and it doesn't seem to be linked to when it was paid or closed - just random!!

However, if its been a subsidiary which was then sold on - such as Goldfish, who were part of Black Horse who in turn were Lloyds before it (Goldfish) was sold to Barclays, this can be where issues occur.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                    X