GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FOS and Lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOS and Lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS and Lloyds

I have received an email from the FOS and in it they tell me this:

We have been working at an executive level with Lloyds Bank to improve the quality and also the type of information that they provide us with. Unfortunately, your complaint is part of a group of cases where we have not received a sufficient level of information to allow us to complete the assessment of the complaint and provide you with the fairest response possible.

It seems that Lloyds are still playing silly beggars even with the FOS, I guess they are drip feeding pieces of info to the FOS instead of giving them the whole lot in one go. You would have though that when the FOS ask for all the relevant info Lloyds should have to hand it over.

It just goes to show that the FOS do not posses very sharp teeth at all.

Oh well the waiting goes on.

Re: FOS and Lloyds

It doesn't read like that to me. The thing is if you gave a clear story as to why it was miss sold and Lloyds failed to give a clear reason why it wasn't. The FOS would rule in your favour. In this case from how it reads to me is that you didn't give them a clear reason as to why it was miss sold. Can I ask. Did you firs try to claim the ppi via Lloyds? If so,did you fill out the ppi questionnaire from the FOS website and include Lloyds final response letter when you sent it back? What did you say your reasons were? Did you include the account number in question? Really need to know what info you did give. It isn't all lost yet. It looks like if you provide the info they are lacking you may get somewhere
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      It doesn't read like that to me. The thing is if you gave a clear story as to why it was miss sold and Lloyds failed to give a clear reason why it wasn't. The FOS would rule in your favour. In this case from how it reads to me is that you didn't give them a clear reason as to why it was miss sold. Can I ask. Did you firs try to claim the ppi via Lloyds? If so,did you fill out the ppi questionnaire from the FOS website and include Lloyds final response letter when you sent it back? What did you say your reasons were? Did you include the account number in question? Really need to know what info you did give. It isn't all lost yet. It looks like if you provide the info they are lacking you may get somewhere
      Everything was done as per my other claims including all paperwork, the procedure was followed to the letter, I had done at least 5 more of these PPI claims before this one so I was very familiar with the procedure, Lloyds even said this particular loan and PPI was taken out in a bank branch when in fact it was taken out at a motorcycle dealership on a Sunday which is shown on the paperwork, it was PPI on a loan for a bike, at the time PPI wasn't needed as I would be paid full pay by my company if I was off ill or through an accident. I was told that because it was for a motorbike PPI would have to be added for the loan to be approved. (Lloyds disputed all of this until I pointed out the date of signing and the motorcycle dealership stamp) Copies of all original paperwork were submitted to Lloyds and then FOS after their final response.

Thanks for your input but all information has been supplied in full.
      Last edited by vossy; 2 February 2015, 18:40.

Comment

In that case I stand corrected and can see from what you say that you have done everything you can. I had the same issue with HSBC denying a claim saying we wanted it when in actual fact they said it was a requirement. Took FOS 18 months to rule on it.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

18 months just gone, fingers crossed.

Lloyds I think are one of the worst for just rubber stamping anything that may cost them money.

For what its worth HSBC wrote to me asking if I would like to claim my PPI back ... strange world.

Comment

Funny enough, Lloyds are also known for sending out letters asking if people wanted to try and claim for a PPI Refund, sadly, most of the people who took them up with their lovely offer, have latter been denied for not miss selling. you would laugh if it didnt make you cry!

Comment

Working...
            X