GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI - on and on and on ...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI - on and on and on ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI - on and on and on ......

Okay so not a new thread - just an update to the ones I have posted before on here regarding Blackhorse and LTSB, both claims have been with
    the FOS for a long time (1 year plus and another one approaching the same). The FOS have been in touch this week with an update for me and they advise that claims are currently running 18 - 24 months because of the backlog and workload - so much for taking on more staff.

Really its a don't just give up, my claim(s) are worth an awful lot of money when or if they come to fruition so the wait is well worth it.

Re: PPI - on and on and on ......

Stick with it vossy no matter how long it takes my 9 claims with co-op took 3.5 years to finally sort out

Comment

We have 3 claims with FOS all coming up to 2 years.

First one got an adjudicator last week so they seem to be about 2 year wait.

Comment

Mine took around two years from FOS to payout. Just stick with it.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah thanks all, I actually had another letter yesterday from the FOS, a little reminder that I have not been forgotten ... must send them a crimbo card. I'm in no rush so I can wait it out.

Comment

Ho ho ho!! lol.....well think of the interest that will add up as well, should all be worthwhile in the end, good luck!

Comment

I have a question I hope someone more experienced in PPI claim back can help me with.

My Son took out a mortgage with Leeds Building Society back in the early 90s, employment wise he was and still is self employed so should never have been sold the PPI, but at the time he felt it was suggested to him that it was a requirement of being accepted for the mortgage so he took it.

Anyway over the years he paid the ppi and somewhere along the line Leeds sold the mortgage to another company (my Son thinks it was RBS) although he can't be sure as he hasn't kept any of the orginal paperwork, at the time he was on a Endowment mortgage and eventually saw the light and changed to a repayment mortgage with his bankers TSB who did all the transfer from RBS ect.

He as now decided to see if he is entitled to claim the PPI back from the Leeds Building Society, so I drafted him a letter using a template I found here (thank you Di) and sent it off to the Leeds, he has now received a reply from the Leeds saying they can't help with the claim as they have no details of the original account so unless he can privide more details such as an account no. they don't want to know....

He can't find any of the orginal information so is scratching his head on what to do next....he almost called one of these claim chaser companies who say they can get a claim going even if you don't have any original account information....fortunately I stopped him before he signed away any future compensation he may or may not get.

Any suggestions on what his next move should be please..?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X