GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Friend ppi claim - 5corpio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friend ppi claim - 5corpio

Hi Di

whats the Norm time for FOS getting back in touch with you? As follow up from last posting, they had sent a letter, asking why it took some time and that there was a missing letter from the paper work sent to them with regards Barclay's last communication, as well as if 'friend' wishes to pursue Barclay's still with regards ppi claim

instead of sending another letter, to speed up replies, i got my 'friend' to reply to the person via FOS e-mail with the attached document request, as well as asking why that he is asking for required information, where as that already have been in hand as asked by his previous colleague at the FOS Offices, as well as why that he asking for it, IF SOMEONE IS DEALING WITH IT? and YES, STILL WHICH TO PURSUE BARCLAY'S FOR THERE INCOMPETENCE

Question is - IS it worth calling FOS, as NOT had any further correspondance from them since last e-mail about 2 months now (Which my 'Friend' sent as 'Read E-mail request' and BING we have a copy that they have 'Received' the e-mail and document for her records

I know that things can be long slog, BUT not too sure if FOS is playing or footsie things on this one - lol

Thanks for any input or words x
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi 5corpio

How long ago now did your friend put in the complaint to the FOS?

Usually it is that of every 2 months, sometimes with me in the past its been longer, 3/4 months.
      I would definately keep at them, and ask them to communicate by email, as this is the quicker way for a response.
      I requested that all correspondence to be by email only.

If your friend is in any financial hardship I would also inform the FOS.

So I take it then its not moved anywhere since the last feedback then?

Comment

BUMP: - just update: July 18th

Got my friend to Bump FOS via e-mail with the included e-mail that they sent as an 'auto reply as received' just to let them know that we ain't forgotten about them. Will let her know to contact them this week via Phone as a BUMP!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          BUMP: - just update: July 18th

Got my friend to Bump FOS via e-mail with the included e-mail that they sent as an 'auto reply as received' just to let them know that we ain't forgotten about them. Will let her know to contact them this week via Phone as a BUMP!
          Thanks for the update!

Good luck!

Comment

Hi Di

thanks for all the help on this one, we have had to let it go. FOS came back to her few weeks ago and said that she doesn't have a case against Barclays (a load of bollocks).

1. we ended up putting complaint against Barclays over the 6 month threshold ie longer than it should be to the FOS (with the accidents happening over Xmas and This year and wasn't the least concern on our minds to file one. which we had put forward in our case)
            2. they may have thought that it wasn't worth her pursuing but the FOS came back and said she had ticked the agreement and wasn't miss sold (the copy that the FOS enclosed wasn't readable, and didn't have a tick even though Barclays never managed to send one? to her on the S-Demand request?Strange? - even though she did explain that she never ticked the agreement, wasn't aware of it, never even needed it as she was covered by work for accidents as well as having saving to help her financially including her mortgage as she was covered under insurance she has

its taken a while to getting around doing anything, or posting this update, but thank you for taking your time reading these posts xx

Comment

Success is patience or a Bonus for 2016 either way it was like a lottery win for a cost £15.00 for a SAR and few postage stamps 2011. considering we didn't pursue it any further as she took sick, and then i had mountain accident. so used that with the FOS as leeway but they went in favour with Barclays.

Barclays sent a letter and said we have reviewed and a loyal customer we are sending a cheque in the post for £406.xp - or alternative we can either credit to your account (which doesn't exist anymore or if you used a claims we will send payment to them) - i'll take the cheque thank you!

Comment

That's good. I found with Barclays that I had no success until I went to the CEOs office .

Comment

Working...
                X