GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg card PPI reclaim - success - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg card PPI reclaim - success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg card PPI reclaim - success

So recently I contacted Egg about my long-closed account with them, regarding the Card Repayment Protection plan. To be honest it was a bit of a fishing trip as I couldn't recall ANY details of the account, card number or anything, as the account was closed in 2007, paid off nice & cleanly, never any late payments. I've moved house three times since the account was opened, twice since it was closed ... I included previous addresses in the covering letter, naturally.

After 4 weeks, Canada Square Operations wrote to me with a "we're updating you as to the progress of your complaint" letter, which arrived on Saturday just gone, & it basically said "we're still working on this for you"; I thought no more of it.

Then came yesterday & on arrival home from work I picked up the mail. A reasonably thick envelope from Canada Square Operations was among the usual junk & mail for the wife ...

... they've found the account, matched my details up with the previous addresses, investigated the account & ...

... I've had an offer of recompense.

Closing balance, paid off in one fell swoop thanks to a windfall at the time, was £6700 & they're willing to refund me £9,000 plus change, which includes interest on the lost money PLUS the CRP premiums as well as an extra payment for goodwill.

I would call that a success.

Moral of the tale: CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM!! It's not hard, & it's up to the financial institution to match you with an account even if you have ZERO account info ... remember to include your previous contact/address information, 'cos that's vital.

Re: Egg card PPI reclaim - success

lovely bit of small change for you then x
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So ... I've had my Marbles PPI claim offer come in yesterday ... it is a 5-figure sum well over £12k. So with my Egg success & now the SAME method for Marbles, I've clawed back over £21k.

Let's hope the Lloyds Bank claim comes up trumps, even if it's just a grand! #winning

PS - I'm going after PPI from an old, & long closed down mortgage (mid to late 1990s) ... let's see what comes of that.

Comment

I arrive home yesterday evening & was greeted by TWO identical letters from Lloyds. They are asking for any type of evidence of the account ... all I have is the account/direct debit reference number, but Lloyds Banking Group (Asset Finance) claims not to have ANY record of the account. Looking back through my bank account it turns out it was Black Horse Limited, not the asset finance lot (despite what's on my credit file). SO the claim has been bounced to them, with as much detail as I can muster. Let's go again ...

And for cheekiness, I'm going to try & hit up AMEX for their PPI (which could be interesting), but I'm also sending a letter to MBNA regarding the possible omission of PPI/interest on charges to the account ... so basically a re-dress request. Let's see what happens with that eh?

Comment

awesome - well done
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The story so far ...

Lloyds Asset Finance had their letter, my reply & their own questionnaire returned to them in THEIR OWN pre-paid envelope on 30 April. I had a letter from them yesterday, on arriving back from a night away, claiming they've NEVER heard back from me. How peculiar ... so a new letter has been drafted & will be sent in MY envelope, via First Class Signed For service ... I'm not being pissed about.

In other news, I stuck in a claim for PPI on a debt consolidation loan from 1993 to NatWest ... claim upheld, refund (quite substantial given the time frame) coming my way.

Amex (cancelled, unenforceable & statute barred) are calculating my claim; there should be four figures coming back from that, even if they take "their entitlement". Starting offer is due to be £3,300 plus change (after deductions).

An old mortgage with Britannia (cancelled, formerly subject to CCJ & paid off) is likely to bring in four figures; initial indication is £4k plus change, but they are finalising the offer & I should hear by 20 June on the final sum.

The upshot is that Lloyds are going to be gits about this whole thing, but I'm going to persevere. I can & will use the ombudsman, so let's see what happens.

Happy May folks!

Comment

Well done and don't give up!

Comment

Working...
              X