GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pre ticked box ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre ticked box ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre ticked box ?

Had BnQ card ,now fully paid off.Was GE money then Santander now New Day.Have found paperwork and noticed the PPI box has an auomatic tick in obviously not mine.taken out2003.I would like to try a reclaim ,should I use normal template or write my own letter? I will send a copy of the paperwork.thanx x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Pre ticked box ?

Just write your own and go along the lines of it was auto ticked but I wasn't eligible because (not working / current illness / current cover etc)...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Many thanks Nid

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
        Had BnQ card ,now fully paid off.Was GE money then Santander now New Day.Have found paperwork and noticed the PPI box has an auomatic tick in obviously not mine.taken out2003.I would like to try a reclaim ,should I use normal template or write my own letter? I will send a copy of the paperwork.thanx x
        Wrote my complaint obviously received their refusal , FOS or not ? xx

Comment

They sent a doc with my signature in the PPI box, but I do not have a copy of this cant remember having one or I have thrown it .
          Dont want to accept reje ction but not sure how to go on as its deffo my siggy.cheers x

Comment

Are there any reasons why you would not have needed PPI, eg no income, medical condition, other means of paying it off?

Comment

Cym ,I was working at the time, previous illness 10 yrs b4, would have received sick pay, I've told them all this .xx

Comment

Would work have given you sick pay?

Comment

Yes they would have ,I know that cos when I was off for a year I had it then.xx

Comment

I would send a letter of complaint, point out that you did not require PPI as you were covered by work etc to

Complaints
                    Santander UK PLC
                    PO Box 1125
                    Bradford
                    BD1 9PG

Also ask who the under writer was.

Comment

Thank you Cym , will do .What concerns me is my SIG in that pre ticked box.xxx

Comment

You were told that you had to have it and terms weren't explained to you

Comment

No I don't think I was, it was 2004 I went to BnQ to buy something I know I was asked about a card but I wasn't told anything so I have no idea why I signed the acceptance form, it was done at the till.x

Comment

Those are your arguments in your complaint

Comment

Thank you Cym xx

Comment

Working...
                              X