GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shadow2981 vs. Lloyds Banking Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow2981 vs. Lloyds Banking Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shadow2981 vs. Lloyds Banking Group

Brill will do thank you x

I do actually have a few sheets of just the charges, i remember i asked for them and at the time they assumed back then i was putting in a claim for the charges but it wasnt for that reason back then, so never tried before. Am going to give it my best shot though, not sure if i can find all the sheets but hopefully they will be within the SAR, as these were sent to me separately before the SAR.
    Much thanks x

Comment

Do give Dai my sympathies, Di - I believe the spiders had a good year this year - so they'll be big ones up in the loft !!!

Of course I agree with all that Shad suggests - he seems to have been there and got the T-shirt.

If you didn't actually reclaim those charges, then I guess you'll need to do a spreadsheet. If you did one earlier, then you may be able to copy & paste the dates & figures, though. I'm still updating mine here, and will post it up ASAP, guys.

Comment

Hi all
        I have just come across this thread and wonder if I could be able to try to reclaim?. As per my thread Bosdog Lloyds. I went to FOS who rejected my claim in 2010 ( i have since discovered even more charges on the account) does the time limit on the FOS decision stop me progressing?
        Thanks for any help
        Bos

Comment

This is something I have thought about myself actually - I would guess you could argue that reclaiming bank charges originally under one principle was pursued within the time limits, and as this new ruling is on slightly different grounds, you could perhaps argue that as the new grounds have only just come to light, so has your awareness of your entitlement to reclaim on this principle...?

Somebody, assuming that the end of the month brings positive news, is going to have to use this logic (or something to this effect) I would imagine - and I would have thought the only people who won't be able to reclaim are those who have accepted a form of payout already for their charges...

Then again, the banks may use this in reverse as their defence to not pay the majority when these claims come pouring down on them!

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
            Hi all
            ( i have since discovered even more charges on the account)
            Even if you cannot reclaim the originally attempted-reclaim charges, any new charges you have since realised (today - 02/10/2014 - for the record) which you did not make any attempts to claim against WOULD still be eligible regardless - and your countdown starts from today...

Comment

Understood
              Thank You..

Comment

I'm not sure on the legalities, but I do believe that deliberate deception invalidates any time-barring, so it would IMO be difficult for a major bank with all its resources to show that it really had no idea that it was doing wrong - considering the recent exposures of their deliberate wrongdoings.

But also - as Shadow suggests - the unfairness principle may start the clock again as regards the Limitation Act. Applying the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (UTCCR 1999) may well do this.

Comment

Sorry to jump in!

Unfortunately, we have had some bad luck, my hubby and other colleagues are being laid off due to a downturn of orders, his last day is Wednesday coming, I cant believe I was only said about this the other day when the steel plant he worked in until 2007 went down under just days before xmas, so again its happening, not sure what his chances will be now for a new job, but he has already applied for a lot, so see what happens, fingers crossed.

Now if he gets no luck, we will be again under the hardship category even more, including my other reasons as said before. I have not made any start yet, but Bill shall I start up my thread now ready or later on?

Sorry again for butting in shadow, I am going to get into this very soon by the looks of it lol. x

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's lay-off, Di, and I hope he gets an early success with his job-hunting.

I would suggest you start your thread ASAP., as it can take a while to get a claim ready - so you may as well get started. If the appeal is successful at the end of the month, then you may be ready to whack in your claim straight away.

Comment

I'm so sorry too Di and I have my fingers crossed for your DH finding a job soon
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Sorry to butt in Shadow

Much sympathy to you Di--as Bill has said we have shared your hardship throughout 2007-2012 on PAG and we feel for you

lol-I was your mentor for 10-ish of your PPI claims and similarly Bill for P.Brokers
                        It was so intense that I swear you drove us both to drink--thats our story-lol

When me & Bill were asked to lead PPI on LB in 2010--I immediately went back to MSE and asked you & Marshallka to help me--the rest is history and we are at where we are--and you are now the leader

Best Wishes

Turbs

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Sorry to jump in!

Unfortunately, we have had some bad luck, my hubby and other colleagues are being laid off due to a downturn of orders, his last day is Wednesday coming, I cant believe I was only said about this the other day when the steel plant he worked in until 2007 went down under just days before xmas, so again its happening, not sure what his chances will be now for a new job, but he has already applied for a lot, so see what happens, fingers crossed.

Now if he gets no luck, we will be again under the hardship category even more, including my other reasons as said before. I have not made any start yet, but Bill shall I start up my thread now ready or later on?

Sorry again for butting in shadow, I am going to get into this very soon by the looks of it lol. x
                        My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                          and you are now the leader
                          Indeed she is and a wonderful job she does too
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Aww thank you my friends, I wouldnt know a thing about it if it wasnt for you guys lol...... so thank you for that x x

I haven't been on much of the groups so much lately, hos appts etc - I do have one tomorrow (Monday) actually and hoping that will be it for a little while, fingers crossed, I can get back on track with it all then lol, thanks again everyone and apologies again Shadow x x

Comment

Further apols from me too, Shad. Di is abso-b100dy unstoppable, and is all over the place helping peeps.

Good (-ish !!!) to see Turbo back in action after what may have been another skirmish with Kryptonite.
                              And yes - as Turbo concedes - our Di is indeed the Governess, bless her cute little black leather thigh-high stiletto boots !!!

Ooops - did I say that ? No photos, please - that's not me crouching in the leather shorts & lederhosen...

Seriously - for a moment - it would be good if the Foster-Burnell appeal turns his CC judgement into caselaw - but even if it doesn't, it is now on record for reference. I look forward to helping Di and Shad with this, and I hope we can make it a viable way forward.

Comment

No need to apologise lol - credit where it's due and compliments are more than welcome on my threads, and anywhere else on the forums I would imagine

Comment

Working...
                                X