GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What's the deal with reclaiming charges now? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with reclaiming charges now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with reclaiming charges now?

I had a current account in arrears etc owned by Lowell's now (details on my UE diary).
    When I was younger I accumulated over £2200 in charges fee ranged from £20 - £39.I put in a claim in 2008/2009 when I started to struggle financially it was when the test case was going on, claim denied they offered me £140 but I never took them up on that.

Now I'm not wanting to reclaim at the moment as that would reset my SB clock, but if I had to say to raise funds towards a F&F bearing in mind I would only go down that route if I really had to. Are claims on bank charges even just on getting the difference back of the fees now successful?
    Last edited by Loopyloo; 28 November 2013, 22:05. Reason: Spelling

Re: What's the deal with reclaiming charges now?

Hi

ok we always say if the value of reclaim is HIGHER than the debt it's worth doing it now. If however it's not, they WILL utilise Right of SetOff (RoSO) - so any refund would pay into the debt thus making it a waste of effort.

Thats how you establish whether it's worth it. Now, moving on - you now need to also consider the facts. If a debt has been assigned in totality to a dca then you *can* reclaim as the original creditor cannot pay the dca as they are a separate business entity - but it's still risky so not really advisable - but the option is there so you could do that and then use the refund to do a F&F with the DCA. We save that for cases where they go legal.

So to answer you, first answer the point above then you'll know if it's worth it or not.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well value of refund would be nowhere near the value of any of my debts! But I'll keep it in mind if things do become legal and only if it gets to that stage.

Comment

If that happens come here - let us know! We're here to help. All the way to the end (SB)...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Loopyloo View Post
            value of refund would be nowhere near the value of any of my debts! But I'll keep it in mind if things do become legal and only if it gets to that stage.
            Loopyloo I've read elsewhere that you had several loans that you have paid off over the years which had PPI. Is there any reason why you shouldn't claim that PPI back now since there's no chance they will ever go legal because they're already settled in full and closed?

Comment

That's right PlanB it's something I'm going to do - eventually its on my to do list. The bank charges were just something else I thought of last night whilst reading through the forum and was wondering if they can still be claimed back. I won't be trying to claim them back though.

Comment

Working...
              X