GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide Charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Charges

Hey guys,

I went through my Nationwide Statements for the last 24 months, found they had charged me over £235 for unpaid S/O's, D/D's and Unauth O/D fees.

I wrote to them claiming hardship throughout the period and asked all charges were refunded to me and no further charges added.

They replied that they would transfer £30 to me, even though they didn't have to.

Change you check out the letters and reply I received, and see if I have any chance of getting the full amount?!

I was told on CAG that no mention of the BCOBS reference was in their reply letter, and that I should send another letter to ask what they determine are non-essential items etc.

Truth is, I am housebound, and I know a few of the charges they are referring to are takeaways from Just eat, but if I don't have food in the house, that was a way to eat! (I do have medical proof I don't leave the house btw).

Anyway, have a look, advise if I have any chance, and if I need to send a letter, can you give me an idea of the sort to send please.

Many Thanks as always

Last edited by mark.1980; 22 May 2013, 14:19.

Re: Nationwide Charges

CAG and BCOBS again - surprised you weren't told to check your credit file as well....

However, I think Elsa and Pompey may be best here - I'll ask them to pop in and have a chat
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Apologies, messed up the attachment somehow

Bare with me, I'll upload them on this post
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

In reply to your letter to me dated 17th May 2013 and regarding financial hardship I note you made reference to a high level of unnecessary spending on my account.

Please explain on what grounds you consider this unnecessary because that is not the case, I am in receipt of Disability Living Allowance and is paid to me because of the added expenditure a disabled person faces and can be spent however I feel is necessary to make my life more comfortable and in this instance it was used at Just Eat because I cannot get out of the house but need to eat like we all do [nob.

I have set out in my previous letter the amount of charges that should be refunded which now must also included 8% statutory interest.

You have 14 days to settle this complaint which on failure will result in escalation to the financial ombudsman service which will cost you a further £500 for them to investigate.

Yours Sincerely

There you go try that or words to this effect but remember to remove the word in red as that just got my back up lol

Comment

Their reply btw is bordering an infringement of the equalities act 2010

Comment

Oh when sending attach copies of your original letter and there reply just in case they have lost it

Comment

See you got here first PF

Comment

Love it, and many thanks

I edited it slightly, see what you think:

Dear Sir/Madam

In reply to your letter to me dated 17th May 2013, and regarding financial hardship, I note you made reference to a high level of unnecessary spending on my account.

Please explain on what grounds you consider any spending on my account to be unnecessary, because I do not believe that to be the case at all.
                To clarify once again, I am in receipt of Disability Living Allowance and it is paid to me because of the added expenditure a disabled person faces, and can be spent however I feel is necessary to make my life more comfortable.
                After reviewing the statements prior to this letter, I do not believe that your assessment is fair or accurate and may in fact infringe on my rights under the equality act 2010.
                There is only one issue I could see that you may have, which is my using the account to pay for food or takeaways. I will try and explain this. My disability means I am unable to leave my home to do food shopping, and as I cannot get out of the house, but need to eat like we all do, it has been necessary for a delivery of food to happen on occasions, so that I do not starve.
                As I believe I have now explained why I may have the occasional takeaway show on my statement, and can see no other ‘high level of unnecessary spending’, I would appreciate you re-assessing my statements, and explaining to me what other ‘unnecessary spending’ you believe I have made.

I have set out in my previous letter the amount of charges that should be refunded which now must also included 8% statutory interest.

You have 14 days to settle this complaint, as failure to act within that time will result in escalation to the financial ombudsman service, which will cost you a further £500 for them to investigate.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

Fantastic obviously you know the situation better than I, so send off include copies of previous letters as that will save time as they will then have it all there in front of them in black and white.

Good Luck

Comment

I was able to download all the statements online for the past 2 years, so had a quick glimpse through them, and other than making £70 a month payments to Premier man (which I now stopped), and a couple of Tesco online shops, there was nothing else there other than household bills

So they are talking a load of shit! lol

Thanks a lot for the template, it helps to have an idea of what to write a lot

Comment

Your Welcome glad to help and bust financial capitalism

Comment

Ok, so after sending in the letter we did above, this is their reply:

Also, they didn't add the £30, which they did by adding 2x£15 onto my account until yesterday.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed, or should I just give up?

Comment

We are living in a Dictatorship now are we = Always thought so?
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pompey has been in hospital lately - can you wait a wee bit longer? It's his 50th Birthday today and the poor sod is laid up in hospital - so as soon as he is fit he'll be back, you will not keep him down for long

Just sit tight, he'll catch up in a few days.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X