GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I received a check this morning - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I received a check this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    The check is from Lloyds bank and it says - we're making a payment to you .
    Before we moved the balance on your personal current account to Lowell, we added some interest and charges when we shouldn't have, I'm sorry this happened and I'm refunding this amount .

As the account is now closed, I've enclosed a cheque for £120.49 , which includes an 8% compensatory interest payment on your refund. YOu can see the breakdown of how we worked out this payment on the back of this letter, as well as some information about tax . The cheque is valid for six months .

Our debts are nearly statute barred - will this affect this account that is now with Lowell even though the Lloyds banks has said this account is now closed ?

Is the history of this debt on the forum somewhere?

I'm curious about Lloyds use of the word "moved" your account to Lowells. They don't "move" accounts - they sell/assign the account after they've terminated it (assuming you've posted that letter word for word).

You think it was assigned to Lowells (did you get the Notice of Assignment?) so how can Lloyds have subsequently closed it when they no longer own it (that's a rhetorical question ).

Perhaps they recalled it from Lowells when they discovered the error. This may have had an impact on your Statute Barred issue but they also say it's closed so they're unlikely to take action.

How much is/was the outstanding balance?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is the history of this debt on the forum somewhere?

I'm curious about Lloyds use of the word "moved" your account to Lowells. They don't "move" accounts - they sell/assign the account after they've terminated it (assuming you've posted that letter word for word).

You think it was assigned to Lowells (did you get the Notice of Assignment?) so how can Lloyds have subsequently closed it when they no longer own it (that's a rhetorical question ).

Perhaps they recalled it from Lowells when they discovered the error. This may have had an impact on your Statute Barred issue but they also say it's closed so they're unlikely to take action.

How much is/was the outstanding balance?

Di
      Hi-It is on the forum in my diary - I've a lot on lately but its resolved now so will look for the letter . Thanks

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      • Type of account (overdraft with lloydstsb)
      • Date commenced (2005)
      • Approx balance.( £644.67
      • Date last paid (22/06/2012)
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying (stopping dmp )
      • Status (default/letter recieved today, )
      • Account owner (iQor on behalf of their client )
      Last edited by Spent2much; 29 May 2018, 11:43.

Comment

12/07/2014-LLOYDS BANK
        Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of the above reference account (including the outstanding balance ) to Lowell Portfolio l Ltd effective 24/06/2014

30/01/2015 Lowell
        lloyds have no record of a CCA on this account so Lowell are closing the account and will not contact me again , they are sorry for any distress or inconvenience caused and trust this now concludes the matter .

Seems like good news all round, with a bonus payment to boot.

Comment

Working...
        X