GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide building society - Guardian Royal Exchange...Endowment Policies... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide building society - Guardian Royal Exchange...Endowment Policies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide building society - Guardian Royal Exchange...Endowment Policies...

I know it's a bit late in the day to be asking about this, but many moons ago we took out a mortgage with nationwide when endowment policies were the hot thing. It's so long ago,,,around the 1980's I think. We also took out a second policy with them as we had an additional loan to do some work on the house. Anyway, I recall them writing asking us to double our monthly premiums (sometime in the 90's I think)...the 'promised' large excess or early payment had disappeared and there wouldn't be enough to pay off the mortgage. I think the policies came under the Homebuilder banner at that time. As it transpired me and the missus split up in 2003 and the policies were cashed in as part of the overall settlements (with a deduction for early cancelling). I've since chucked all the paperwork and have no records of the policies or anything.

Just for my own peace of mind I guess I'm right in thinking it's all too late to be thinking about any miss-selling claim or whatever ? We received the current policy value by cheque at the time, paid off the mortgage with other funds and that was that .. Did we lose out on the decisions made at the time, probably we did compared to a capital and interest repayment mortgage..but how I would ever calculate what that was at this stage I've no idea...even if I had the stamina for another prolonged battle.

Re: Nationwide building society - Guardian Royal Exchange...Endowment Policies...

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    I've since chucked all the paperwork and have no records of the policies or anything.

Just for my own peace of mind I guess I'm right in thinking it's all too late to be thinking about any miss-selling claim or whatever?.
    I think the time lapse my be a problem especially if you have no paperwork saved, and the policy was cancelled in 2003.

Comment

Working...
    X