GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debenhams store card ppi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debenhams store card ppi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debenhams store card ppi

Hi Guys. Mum has a Debenhams store card. Had it for years. She's recently missed 3 payments and as such they have terminated her ppi cover. I never even knew she had ppi on this. However they have credited her balance back by nearly 200 quid in 3 missed payments. So by my reckoning she was paying around 60 quid a month on ppi on top of min payments. She's had the card for donkeys years and so I will be claiming miss selling of ppi and with a bit of luck they will offset some to pay off the balance and she will have a nice bit left over. Anyone know who to write to? I'm guessing it's New Day Ltd? BTW this is just a store card it's not a credit card not was it ever changed to one (I can feel that question coming next lol)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Debenhams store card ppi

Was this ever a store -> credit card?

Newday are the firm who process these cards.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Haha trust you nid although I was expecting it from someone else. Never a credit card. Store card with 8k limit and 1200 balance. I reckon there should be at least 5k ppi back 6 years minimum judging by the return they added to the balance after 3 months of missed payments.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

For Info:-

Debenhams use to have a Debenhams store card run by their in house company = Welbeck Finance, situated at The Mount, Billet Street, Taunton, but decade or so ago the GE Money took over? maybe stemmed from then if that long, but was transferred to another company in early 90s I believe.

Genworth Financial Insurance did the PPI I am told and any store cards may be claimed thru them??? worth looking into????
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 December 2016, 15:02.

Comment

Cheers for that. I know it's New Day that write to her regarding payments so unsure if they should be the first point of call

Comment

no doubt Newday took over from GE maybe, but feeling is contact Genworth who administer the PPIs if what I have been told is correct? just a thought?

Comment

Santander (2013) took over cards from GE Money. They then sold the portfolio to NewDay

See this article -> http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/you-us...0s-7114139.amp

&

-> https://www.bitterwallet.com/banking...ore-card-91650

In a nutshell GE Capital -> Santander -> NewDay

Many shops had their store-cards operated through a company called GE Money, which was eventually bought by Santander UK. Now, the Ombudsman can't look at PPI complaints rejected by Santander UK on cards that were issued before December 1st 2001. If you have a new claim, you need to go to New Day, who bought all of Santander's store card operations in 2013. So, new complaints to New Day, any from 2001 to 2013, Santander UK.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok cool I'll let you know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  Cheers for that. I know it's New Day that write to her regarding payments so unsure if they should be the first point of call
                  only if she took it out AFTER 2013 mate. Otherwise it's santander.

Comment

Ok cool has to be santander then. This card is over 15 years old. Not sure on exact date but my dad had an account at same time and he died 14 years ago.

Comment

Guys, need some advice before I shoot off the PPI letter, from what I understand, my mother has had this store card for so long, it doesn't fall under the FOS jurisdiction. Other people have tried to reclaim their PPI on this card and have all been rejected and directed to the FLA instead.

From what I gather, all the FLA will do, is look at the case if there is any new evidence to support the claim.

Now from what I gather, the original application, just had a tick box, if you wished to take out PPI, anyone could have ticked it, the lady in store where it was filled out, anyone.

They will no doubt question why it has taken until now to act on the PPI when my mother had been paying it as part of her monthly payment, and so my answer to that, would have been, she was unaware of PPI being paid until she received a letter of arrears in which it states that as she hasn't paid the balance due for more than 3 months, they have cancelled the PPI in line with the terms of her policy, it was at that point she realised part of her monthly payments where towards PPI, which she didn't need or want.

It would be quite easy to state, she knew nothing of it, as this was all done in store by a rep, probably on commission, the old " I was led to believe PPI was a requirement for acceptance of the card" may work in my favour once again if I use it (successful with Lloyds using this)

What are peoples opinions?

Comment

Hi, I'm just trying to find my posts on this as I had an old card that I reclaimed PPI on. I have a few letters etc that Di helped with.

Comment

Mine was originally GE Bank who rejected it and I addressed my complaint to Santander; I then went to the underwriters Genworth who eventually paid up. I pointed out to Genworth that they had been negligent etc - when you reach this point I have a letter that you can adapt.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X