GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC packaged account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC packaged account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC packaged account

Gonna start a claim on one of my mother's HSBC accounts. Up to last year she was receiving benefits on her account which she never wanted or asked for. It was stuff she either already had or didn't need. Example being extra car insurance cover when she doesn't drive etc. When we questioned it last year they removed the package from the account. But never informed us we could reclaim the fees.

Haven't got any paperwork other than account details so I'm guessing a SAR request specific to account only is needed first?

It's likely this packaged account ran longer than 6 years so I'll have to see what comes back in the SAR before I start a claim.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: HSBC packaged account

Just updating this thread to say, we have had confirmation the SAR docs are with our local bank now, so will be picking them up next week to go through all the rubbish and find some statements showing the monthly charges for the stuff we didnt want or ask for, so we can start the claim process.

Mum had this packaged account for quite some time, so im hoping theres a few grand there

Question, the same account i believe has an overdraft, so would i need to calculate the position of the account had there not being a monthly fee for the package, i.e perhaps the account wouldnt have gone in to overdraft and been charged for its use, had the packaged fee not been paid?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X