GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Deberhams store card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deberhams store card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deberhams store card

I had a deberhams store card in the 1990s which I opened in the deberhams store in Scarborough I was not asked if I needed ppi and if I was asked would have informed them that I was a widow and had a widows pension recently I spoke to Santander who had taken over from ge bank and was told I could not claim back as I had ticked a box saying I needed the ppi I am now at a loss on what to do any advice I spoke to ge bank and was told it was not them as it now belonged to Santander I paid my store card off but still would like to know where I stand regards marian4

Re: Deberhams store card

Hi Marian4 and welcome to AAD.

I don't know much about ppi as I never had it but from my daughter's experience a lot of companies will try to fob you off when you first reclaim hoping that you'll go away.

Have a look at this thread which is about a store card reclaim from Santander. Post #3 gives some info about how to deal with Santander. Good luck x
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Deberhams store card

Originally posted by Marian4 View Post
      I had a deberhams store card in the 1990s which I opened in the deberhams store in Scarborough I was not asked if I needed ppi and if I was asked would have informed them that I was a widow and had a widows pension recently I spoke to Santander who had taken over from ge bank and was told I could not claim back as I had ticked a box saying I needed the ppi I am now at a loss on what to do any advice I spoke to ge bank and was told it was not them as it now belonged to Santander I paid my store card off but still would like to know where I stand regards marian4
      Hello and welcome

Firstly, just to confirm Santander are one of those businesses that tend to keep fobbing off, but do not let this lie, go back to them and tell them you disagree with the rejection and the reasons they given. Do you have any statements or any other paperwork in relation of your Debenhams Account?
      If not then write to Santander Data Protection Department and request for your information on your accounts by sending a Subject Access Request (SAR), you enclose the one off payment of £10 by cheque and they have 40 calendar days to comply. If they're not able to comply to your request they MUST return your payment with a letter with details of why they no long hold the details but the complaints dept are separate to the Data protection dept, so it's up to you if you want to request for your info or not.
      But do not give up, but another suggestion as well when you write back to ask them to reconsider, also request the details of the insurer/underwriter, they must provide these details to you on request, so if the other avenues fail we can try this direction.

Keep us posted, so we can help, good luck x

Comment

Working...
      X