GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Warwick65 1 Lowell 0 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warwick65 1 Lowell 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warwick65 1 Lowell 0

Well yesterday, thanks to Joanna Connolly solicitors and Diana Mayhew with a little help from Tom Brennan I soundly beat Lowell is a claim for £5200 in the small claims court. Not only did we beat them but we also got costs for their unreasonable behaviour in continuing with a 'hopeless' case and the 'unintentional' misleading of the court by their representative at an earlier hearing.

The issue was decided on one thing alone and that was that no default notice had been served on me , not just a bad DN but no DN. They were unable to even produce a recon just an template DN with insert name here etc on it.

Tom did not even get to argue that the dates they claimed it was served on did not tally with the SAR I had sent to Cap 1

Neither did he get to argue an illegible credit agreement or a defective assignment or non compliance with S78(1)

All in all a good day for me and a bad one for Lowell

Well done

Comment

That’s great news, well done Jo and team. Thank you for letting everyone know about your success.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just want to add- although cross examination is not nice- stick to answering their questions and only their questions so no well....or but.... unless its useful such as 'I have lived here for 14 years and deal with my post as it arrives'. To be clear I am not suggesting anyone lies but to stick top the answers

Comment

Congratulations to all involved, great to have more arguements behind you even if they were not needed
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

fantastic news well done one and all xxx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news for Christmas...well done

Comment

Well done and wonderful news. Looks like Lowell only got Lambrusco at their xmas party. Shame.

Comment

That is such great news, So glad your persistence paid off - Well done to all concerned

I do like to read good news stories here on AAD

Comment

Working...
                  X