GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mint - Wescot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint - Wescot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint - Wescot

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for anyone's experience with Wescot.

Long story short - this is my husbands cc and had a balance of approx £9k and because we thought it enforceable (we used a different site at the time so it may be questionable!), he continued to pay an agreed monthly payment of approx £80 and Mint were the only ones that actually listened to our problems at the time.

Forward six years plus, the balance is now down to approx £2k so of course it's long gone off the CRA's. We are in a position to try and get rid of the debt but want to try and get them to agree the lowest possible sum which they no doubt it will have been bought for pence!

Wescot write on the odd occasion for a review but the letters were ignored and we carried on with original agreed payment and they've never given us any grief which isn't really a surprise as we've paid loads off it!

Personally, I would be inclined to just stop paying and see what happens but OH doesn't want to start getting hassled for it.

I don't believe anything can be put on the CRA's so what's the point of any negotiation?

p.s I've just found the thread I started on the other site I used and the card was originally RBS Advanta
    Last edited by marypoppins; 14 May 2017, 13:24.

Re: Mint - Wescot

Wescot do not own debts they are a collection (on commission ) agency , RBS advanta have you any letters in the past saying sold to debt purchaser if so to whom>? sure others will respond also soon.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi MP I'm in the same position as your husband with a debt for myself and one for OH! They were nice unlike all the other creditors so I carried on with my token payments . 2 years ago I sent CCAs -they are UE and I stopped paying. All the records have dropped off the CRAs And we are happily paying letter ping pong, well actually it is now letter ignore! OH has never written a letter, he occasionally opens one and has a panic attack, but I have cleared thousands in his name with him virtually unaware of what is going on
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi TC, I'll have to find this old file out and see what we've got!

Thanks cymruambyth, we'll see what happens!

Comment

I'm struggling to find any paperwork on this and will continue to search for it. I have checked the thread I had on another site and there is an edited upload of the CCA and a default notice but I think that because my OH continued with a reduced payment, we didn't get hassled so there won't be much paperwork when we do find it.

I do however have a letter from Wescot from January this year which is - 'Your account review and the availability of a settlement offer'.

It appears that the debt is still owned by RBS and the letter offers the chance to get the balance reduced.

An additional option that RBS allows us to discuss is reducing your remaining balance, if a settlement amount and revised payment period can be agreed this could significantly reduce the overall repayment value you need to make to satisfy the balance owed. If this is an option you are interested in discussing further, please contact us and we can assess if you are eligible for a reduced settlement offer.

Of course we won't be contacting them and have decided not to make the next payment so will see how long it takes them to miss it and get back in touch!

P.S. I've found the paperwork and it stayed with RBS, they were obviously happy with £86 a month and Westcot administering it!

Last edited by marypoppins; 15 May 2017, 19:44.

Comment

Hi MP

I sent a CCA74 request to RBS re a Mint account which they consistently refused to preocess on the grounds of lack of signature. I had already stopped paying.

They referred the account to various DCAs including Westcot. Westcot sent various letters - initially threatening further recovery action (which I ignored) - then offering the possibility of a reduced balance (unspecified). After that, suggesting we agree payments I could afford over a period of time. All also ignored. Eventually it was passed on to another DCA.
            Last edited by Still Waving; 16 May 2017, 10:58. Reason: typo.

Comment

Hi SW

They did send an agreement to us which we thought was enforceable and similar to Cym they were helpful and agreed a reduced payment and froze interest so out of all our creditors this was the only one that we paid.

I've no doubt it won't be long before we're bombarded with letters but at least they can't do any damage to his clean credit file now!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                Hi SW

They did send an agreement to us which we thought was enforceable and similar to Cym they were helpful and agreed a reduced payment and froze interest so out of all our creditors this was the only one that we paid.

I've no doubt it won't be long before we're bombarded with letters but at least they can't do any damage to his clean credit file now!
                As it seems several years since you were sent an agreement, it might be worth sending a new CCA74 request in due course.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                  As it seems several years since you were sent an agreement, it might be worth sending a new CCA74 request in due course.
                  Agreed, then you'll be in a better position to request settlement.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I didn't get around to sending the s78 request and have been away but back now and need to focus on this as they have now sent a letter regarding the missed payment!

It's been such a long time since I sent one, so do I send it to Wescot?

Comment

this is my husbands cc and had a balance of approx £9k and because we thought it enforceable (we used a different site at the time so it may be questionable!)
                      Why don't you send Niddy a copy of the credit agreement that you received which was deemed "enforceable" by another forum it case they were mistaken.

Did you get that credit agreement as a result of a formal CCA Request or was it in your own files so you posted it on the internet for an opinion?

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

It was an s78 request that was made in 2010 to obtain the document.

I have just found the unedited copy so I'll email it to Niddy to take a look.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Di,

I've just emailed you.

Comment

Personally, I would be inclined to just stop paying and see what happens but OH doesn't want to start getting hassled for it
                            The AAD way of doing things is to wait until a debt is sold on before negotiating a F & F for two reasons.

Firstly, a debt purchaser will have paid very little for the debt so be more open to offers.

Secondly, debt purchasers don't always have access to the same information from the original creditor as you do. So if you were sent a compliant credit agreement in 2010 it's possible that second time around (2017) a debt purchaser may not be able to come up with the same documents when faced with a CCA Request.

Di

Comment

That thought hadn't occurred to me at all Di thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X