GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Annual Statements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Statements

Can someone please clarify the situation regarding annual statements?

What are supposed to receive them for?
    If you dont receive them does this make a debt UE?
    Can this be rectified?

Thank you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Annual Statements

no Idea to be honest, Hubby still gets statements from RBS even though the said they don't have his CCA, and haven't paid anything to them since 2012.
    I suppose they could start the ball rolling if they find it as they have kept in touch,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Can someone please clarify the situation regarding annual statements?
      What are supposed to receive them for?
      If you dont receive them does this make a debt UE?
      Can this be rectified?
      The answer to all four questions is 'Yes'.

Read section 86 CCA and the sanctions for non compliance (unenforceable in court) in section 86E(5) CCA : http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...d-default-sums

In short, there's more than one way for a debt to be 'unenforceable'.

Di

Comment

Thanks. Just shows how easy it is to forget stuff

Removed my incorrect post so as to not confuse things. Thanks planB.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X