GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help and advice for debt of over £80k+ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help and advice for debt of over £80k+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you both - have got the template ready to send. Just received the first response from Zopa Loans (one of my husbands credit agreements) - I'm pretty certain its enforceable although they did send back the £1 postal order we sent to them. Never-In-Doubt I've just sent a private message with the scanned copies of what they sent. Be interesting to see what you make of what they've sent over - thanks in advance for offering to have a look over it x

Comment

Indeed it is EN - it's only a few months old and looks pretty good tbh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I figured as much Not really sure what to do with this as we haven't got anywhere near the amount they asking for (and don't think they would accept £1000 as a f&f!). Is is worth writing to them, again, to offer token payments for 6 months or worth waiting to see if it gets passed to a debt collection agency? I'm a bit worried because it's over £10k that it will be fast tracked and we'll end up with a CCJ before we can afford to settle it X

Comment

Hi everyone- feels like is been ages since I last updated this! Just a very quick question- Lloyds came back two weeks after we sent a CCA request saying they couldn't comply with the request as there wasn't a signature on the letter (we signed it electronically) has this happened to any of you before? Is there any specific guidance that states an electric signature (as in just typed the name) is sufficient for a CCA request? Be really grateful to get your thoughts before we figure out our next move.

nothing major to update on the diary just yet- will do as soon as there's something worthwhile x

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty873 View Post
            Hi everyone- feels like is been ages since I last updated this! Just a very quick question- Lloyds came back two weeks after we sent a CCA request saying they couldn't comply with the request as there wasn't a signature on the letter (we signed it electronically) has this happened to any of you before? Is there any specific guidance that states an electric signature (as in just typed the name) is sufficient for a CCA request? Be really grateful to get your thoughts before we figure out our next move.

nothing major to update on the diary just yet- will do as soon as there's something worthwhile x
            Hi

Yes this does happen sometimes. There is a template letter you can use in this circumstance, but you will need to be able to access AAD+.

RBS took that line with my request, so I used that letter, and when they still refused I sent a Niddy Special. After several letters they still refused and then went quiet. I didn't mind as they remained in default all the while. Some time later they sold the account on. I still don't know whether RBS have the agreement or not.
            Last edited by Still Waving; 30 September 2017, 14:06.

Comment

Still Waving Thanks for that- can I ask how long you left it before you sent them the next letter? I'm a member of AAD+ so will have a look for that next template. To be honest the longer it takes the better as we are trying to save up enough to make F&F settlements down the line... if they are enforceable of course. Find this really interesting about Lloyds as we sent the exact same letter for the credit card hubby had with them and they complied with that request, although a different department I guess. Do you mind me asking how long it's being going on with Nationwide? Unfortunately this is the biggest debt we have so guessing they aren't going to give up too easily.

Comment

This was right at the beginning of my UE journey, and I sent the template letter about 2 weeks after RBS' refusal letter. If it was now, I would probably leave it a bit longer or until the next threatening letter (it depends on the circumstances of your own individual account). As it happened, in that particular case about a week after sending the letter I received a letter from RBS (it may have crossed with mine) demanding full repayment or they would send the account to a DCA - which they subsequently did. It was some considerable time before RBS wrote direct again, and the signature/no signature argument began again. In the meantime all the letters were from DCAs.

I don't have anything going on with Nationwide.

With regard to sending your own letters - If you had just typed your name in (say) Arial font, I can understand them sending it back. Rather than just typing your name in standard font, you probably have a couple of handwriting scripts in your wordprocessing programme. You could use one of those, or there are plenty more which can be downloaded for free off the 'net. They still may not accept it, but that's what the argument is about.

Comment

Working...
                X