GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Received this morning my partners this time... its been to westcott now to moorcroft do i reply with threst of legal action letter ?Click image for larger version

Name:	moor ltsb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1399088Iv already sent sold in dispute to westcott for this.

Comment

ignore it
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They don't say they're going to take legal action...they just want you to think that is what "further debt recovery action" means. In reality, it's more likely to just be more letters, possibly with the threat of them coming to nick your doorstep

If this is the first you've heard from Moorcroft you can either ignore it or send Account sold while in dispute
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          They don't say they're going to take legal action...they just want you to think that is what "further debt recovery action" means. In reality, it's more likely to just be more letters, possibly with the threat of them coming to nick your doorstep

If this is the first you've heard from Moorcroft you can either ignore it or send Account sold while in dispute

Second time, they just introduced themselves last time.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
            Received this morning.. I sent them medical letters with the letter that Elsa kindly wrote and there is no sick note as he cannot work again. Any suggestions?

So an update to the wonderful letter Elsa kindly wrote for us....... I didnt have a lot of luck ith partners gp as he just said tell them to send me a form and he would fill it in, well couldnt be bothered with that.. might do at a later date... so i just sent the medical letters that I felt relevant enough ( from the consultants at hospital) that kinda covered some points they wanted. Yesterday we got a message on answerphone to say please call them so they can update us. Do I call them back or ignore in the hope that they will write again.?? Dont partically want to talk to them as they might ask for MONEY.
            Last edited by IF; 23 January 2014, 10:48. Reason: Deleted attachment, some of account number showing

Comment

They can update via letter.... I'd avoid calling.

Comment

joshing I've deleted your attachment as some of your account number was showing......may not identify you fully but wanted to be safe.

IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                  joshing I've deleted your attachment as some of your account number was showing......may not identify you fully but wanted to be safe.

IF
                  Thanks but not sure what one you mean

Comment

Thanks but not sure what one you mean
                    The last set of numbers of your account no, were not blanked/crossed out

Comment

Hi honey, no, definitely do not call them, wait for them to write with the update.
                      These people beggar belief..the last line of the letter clearly stated everything in writing and no phone calls to prevent further distress.

Elsa x

PS with regard to the sick note, the letter says just one of the following documents, so as you've sent a consultants letter they shouldn't need a sick note too.
                      Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 24 January 2014, 07:49.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	capend.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1399648Click image for larger version

Name:	addit.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1399650Good morning, phew what a few weeks we have had .. all our debts kinda faded into insignificance due to a bout of very bad luck, my partners health went down hill even more , and to top it all of a car accident not serious but still loads to sort out that I didnt need. Anyway an update to the fantastic Elsa's letter ( to capital one) good news .......... attached is the letter received HOORAY... one BRILLIANT result.. on the other hand not so good news... another horrible letter from Hamptons..... Suppose Id better respond to this one. Trying to on top of everything again so I will be posting and asking for more advice as I get through the paperwork.

Comment

Hi Joshing, they've written it off!!! Yay, that's brilliant news!!! So pleased my letter worked for you. Took some time but we got there in the end eh?

Re the Hampton's Legal letter (via Lowells)..can you just remind us what the original account was, and the state of play..did they respond to a CCA request? Has Niddy deemed it unenforceable?

Sorry to hear you've had a run of bad luck. Hope you're over it now honey and that things are starting to look better.
                          Elsa x

Comment

Hope this changes your run of bad luck to good, I'm so pleased, well done joshing and Elsa

Comment

an update to the fantastic Elsa's letter ( to capital one) good news .......... attached is the letter received HOORAY... one BRILLIANT result...
                              That's excellent news Joshing. I'm so happy for you after you've been having such a horrid time of late

Great to see that Elsa's letter worked like magic

Whenever the chips are down there's always Elsa

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                                Hi Joshing, they've written it off!!! Yay, that's brilliant news!!! So pleased my letter worked for you. Took some time but we got there in the end eh?

Re the Hampton's Legal letter (via Lowells)..can you just remind us what the original account was, and the state of play..did they respond to a CCA request? Has Niddy deemed it unenforceable?

Sorry to hear you've had a run of bad luck. Hope you're over it now honey and that things are starting to look better.

Elsa x

Hi Elsa and yes you are brilliant!!!! Thank you doesnt seem enough. couldnt believe it when that dropped through the door. Still many more to sort out but we live in hope now. The Hamptons letter is about an old additions cataloque account, they did send loads of papers and basically listed everything that we had ever bought from when it started and all the papers. I did send it through to Niddy but I will have to go through the papers to see what he said, it was some time ago. I offered them a £1 a month which was turned down, I can remember that. Threatening baliffs? by the sounds of it so id better respond with something.

Comment

Working...
                                X