GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Hi Jillyiant

I know its easier said than done but try not to let the letters and calls get on your nerves. They are designed to do exactly that, to harass you and get you to a state of stress where you may make a decision you wouldn't in normal circumstances (e.g. you pay them a sum of money which means you cannot afford to pay the heating).

In fact, if they are calling you continually, and you have asked them not to a recent court of appeal judgement has made it clear that creditors have no legal right to continually telephone debtors.

What you should do is start taking down records of the phone calls to prove a conduct of harassment. If you're able to record any conversation (with your mobile phone for example), then this is even better so you can get a transcript of the calls. You may then be able to turn the tables on them.

Remember - YOU are in control, NOT them. They are not worth letting them affect your health.

Best
    SnV
    Thank you for your kind words....I am trying to ignore them, not really sure whose calling because im not answering them, as soon as I am not connected straight away I put the phone down as its plainly a computer call waiting to connect. I can guess though as the letters Iv received recently tells me they are getting impatient. I will only get really worried when I get a court letter then it will probably be too late, would hate my partner to have to attend and go through that. Still as yet they are only threatening so will carry on regardless, cant do much else as money so tight.

Comment

Any news here.....?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        Any news here.....?

No post this morning YAY!! I will just wait for Elsa to get back to me I did unplug the phone today though it rang too many times.

Comment

Hi honey, Had a good read through this morning (took quite a while LOL) then had to get an urgent Dr's appointment this afternoon, so I'll do the letter in the morning. Just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            Hi honey, Had a good read through this morning (took quite a while LOL) then had to get an urgent Dr's appointment this afternoon, so I'll do the letter in the morning. Just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you

Elsa x
            Not a problem just greatful for your help hope your ok & things went well with doctors.

Comment

Letter done and sent to Niddy for approval

Comment

OK all sorted and emailed to you Jilly...Formal Complaint, Financial Statement and Letter of Authority for you to deal with your partners correspondence.
                Send by recorded delivery and let us know what happens

Comment

OK all sorted and emailed to you Jilly...Formal Complaint, Financial Statement and Letter of Authority for you to deal with your partners correspondence.

Thank you so so much, will be sending this tomorrow to the two worst culprits!

Comment

Letter done and sent to Niddy for approval
                    really really good letter. Thanks Elsa. Jilliant you'll be fine. Keep us updated
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do I send these to capital & Vanquis or fred & lewis the debt collection companies?

Comment

Hi Jilly, send it to whoever was the last one to write to you. It will get passed back to their client

Comment

Hi Jilly, send it to whoever was the last one to write to you. It will get passed back to their client

Thank you.

Comment

All received and signed for if you can call it that, are they specially trained to sign like dimwits!!!, it suppose to say carter, now I know our signatures can be a scrawl but that looks nothing like carter. Thanks again Elsa fingers crossed. Just realised we never did receive a cca from vanquis .Click image for larger version

Name:	freds 18-11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1398532

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
                              Good morning! well today brought a surprise, I received some papers from lloyds & its something that I must have forgot about because its not what I asked for, its a different reference number and regards a personal loan and not a credit card dating back to 2004, looks like a zero balance but Im not sure. Its a bit strange because I cant remember even having it let alone paying it up. Old age kicking in. It still says enforcible on it though so wtf? think I will be scanning and sedding to Niddy if thats ok. And I have just realised this is my old bank account that I had with my ex

hubby, can I claim back the ppi lol

Ok so this was passed to apex...... now they seem to have given up after a cca request to lloyds where they sent me the wrong stuff back..... This letter came this morning......... been a while since iv heard from them so whats my next move?
                              Its still got my old address on and been redirected by the post office.

EMAILED TO NIDDY!

Click image for larger version

Name:	llyoyds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1398562

Comment

I would send the Sold While in Dispute letter to Robinson Way.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X