GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can I get interest frozen on my debts? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get interest frozen on my debts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I get interest frozen on my debts?

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Ohhh Carly I do feel for you. It's so easy to get pushed into things by these bullies. At least you know now NEVER to discuss anything on the phone again, although you've learned the hard way

As everyone says, cancel those payments. Report your card as stolen and also check your own bank's policy on cancelling recurring payments by debit card.
    It's good, though that interest has stopped. Well done on hanging in there until they defaulted.
    Right, Moorcroft are absolutely useless so don't worry about these muppets.
    If it was me, I would write (recorded delivery) something on the lines of:
    Following a very unpleasant telephone conversation with a member of your staff I have cancelled payment forthwith as I feel I was coerced and harassed into agreeing to pay far more than I could afford on the phone, after I had tried in good faith to come to an arrangement that was sustainable and affordable. In hindsight I am appalled at being treated in this way and spoken to so rudely. It has left me feeling shakey, anxious and upset and I now insist that all further communication must be in writing only otherwise I will complain to the OFT.
    This predatory and offensive attitude more suited to a back street money lender has also made me query whether the debt claimed is genuine and accurate, and for this reason before proceeding further I enclose a formal request for a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement under section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    Once I am in receipt of this and am satisfied that the account has been documented and administered correctly then I will look at starting a sustainable payment plan, paid by Standing Order only and based on a properly completed Income and Expenses form.
    I trust this makes my position clear and that you will cease phone calls and communicate in writing only as requested.

The CCA Request template is here Carly: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...2-cca-requests

Despite the Vanquis one being post 2007 it will stop them in their tracks and give you some breathing space. Once they come back with that then telling them that you are seeking advice and will be completing an Income and Expenses form supplied by CAB will give you another 30 days grace. Here's the Nedcab I usually recommend: http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/quickfs.asp
    Don't do it yet though, do the CCA request first then wait and see what happens. When it comes to it if you wish I'll help you with the Expenses (look over it for you and make sure you're claiming all you're due to in respect of housekeeping etc)

I would also send one for the catalogue debt too, at the same time. It's highly unlikely that they'll come up with an agreement and they'll leave you alone while they root round for it.

Wise words from Garlok about your electricity tariff. Definitely look into that too.

So, all is not lost, chin up, we'll get there eventually
    Hi

Well I have as yet been unable to write to Moorcroft. To explain briefly, I am housebound and the person (friend) who usually does things like post letters etc for me was taken ill and is in hospital. I have written the letter but have nobody to post it for me as I do not have any family or anyone living nearby who can take this to the Post Office for me. My friend isn't local but normally comes up to visit once a week and does any errands I need doing. He is getting better but is expected to be in hospital for at least another week.

Unsurprisingly I have had another letter from Moorcroft as they were unable to collect the card payment following cancellation of the card. I have also had an email from them. I don't want to ignore these communications and risk further action being taken or a court summons being issued if that is the route they are likely to take? But obviously have learned my lesson and don't want to phone them. So I wanted to ask whether it would be appropriate to send the letter UndercoverElsa suggested above by email instead, as there would still be some form of proof it had been sent, or if not, whether it would be a good idea to contact Moorcroft by email and say that all further communications will be in writing but explain the current situation and see if they will allow me more time to reply in writing?

I've been hanging on because I had hoped that my friend would be out of hospital by now but it hasn't worked out that way and time is moving on so not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Carley

Comment

Hiya

Try and relax, just send the letter when you can or if easier, send it electronically....

enquiries@moorgroup.com

I know that's a sales email address but still, you can write there and they should send it to the correct dept. If it's a CCA Request then you need to post it, so ignore the above.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Hiya

Try and relax, just send the letter when you can or if easier, send it electronically....

enquiries@moorgroup.com

I know that's a sales email address but still, you can write there and they should send it to the correct dept. If it's a CCA Request then you need to post it, so ignore the above.
        Thanks, I have sent an email today stating that I will reply in writing as soon as possible.

Now for the relaxing bit

Carley

Comment

So it's not a cca request you're sending? If not, what are you sending?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            So it's not a cca request you're sending? If not, what are you sending?
            Never In Doubt, I sincerely apologise - I did not realise you had replied to my last post and as I had not heard from Moorcroft about the Vanquis account I had put all this to the back of my mind and not checked back here.

I did send a cca request on 30th September to Moorcroft and heard nothing back from them until a few days ago. They have not responded to the cca request but have now sent me a letter with "APPOINTMENT" in capital letters across the top saying that they are going to come and visit me. No mention whatsoever of the cca request, they have simply ignored it.

What do I need to do now please?

Also there has finally been some movement on the Fifty Plus account. The balance seems to have frozen at £785.13 and I have now had a letter (dated 28th Nov) from Fredrickson International demanding payment due to JD Williams & Company Ltd. I have had this account for several years so can I go down the same route with this one and send a cca request to them?

The whole point in why I stopped paying these two accounts was because the interest on them was so much that it would have taken me forever to pay them off so at least with both of them the balances are no longer increasing each month. I just need some advice as to how to deal with these debt collection agencies because I would totally panic if they turned up on the doorstep.

Thanks in advance

Carley

ps. Is there a way to subscribe to this thread so that I don't miss any future replies? I will check back more often, it's just easier not to think about this stuff until you absolutely have to.

Comment

Moorcroft are cretins send another letter back recorded and headed - Account in dispute ! They have not met with your CCA request ,I cant remember off hand but I believe they have to honor this request within 14 days which has clearly been breached also state in bold NO DOORSTEP VISIT , all communication in writing! No need to go into great detail just straight to the point !
              Did you send £1 with the original CCA request ? Moorcroft will try ringing and sending more letters ( be prepared for a special 30/40/50 % off letter for a one off payment ) , stick to your guns don't give them an option send them the letter and wait for reply !
              Regarding the second DCA yes send a request , recorded with a £1 fee ( use a postal order ) but I always made a note at bottom of letter this was for a CCA request and not to put towards any supposed debt !

Comment

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
                Moorcroft are cretins send another letter back recorded and headed - Account in dispute ! They have not met with your CCA request ,I cant remember off hand but I believe they have to honor this request within 14 days which has clearly been breached also state in bold NO DOORSTEP VISIT , all communication in writing! No need to go into great detail just straight to the point !
                Did you send £1 with the original CCA request ? Moorcroft will try ringing and sending more letters ( be prepared for a special 30/40/50 % off letter for a one off payment ) , stick to your guns don't give them an option send them the letter and wait for reply !
                Regarding the second DCA yes send a request , recorded with a £1 fee ( use a postal order ) but I always made a note at bottom of letter this was for a CCA request and not to put towards any supposed debt !
                jj69 thanks for your reply.

Yes I did send a cheque for £1 with the original CCA request to Moorcroft but I don't think they ever cashed the cheque (not according to my own records but would need to double check with the bank).

There has been a further development this morning, today I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall on behalf of Vanquis Bank? The letter from Mackenzie Hall is dated 5th December and says that the letter supercedes any previous instructions from other agencies, so I assume Moorcroft are no longer dealing with this. Mackenzie Hall letter says I should send payment by return of post and if I am not able to do that then I have to phone their offices immediately with a holding payment.

Well I have learnt from this forum in the past not to phone these places so should I just now send a CCA request to them as a new request or should I write and say I have previously requested it from Moorcroft? (Sorry, I am so bloody confused).

Carley

P.S. re the second cca, I will get that sent off re the JD Williams/Fifty Plus one - thank you.
                Last edited by Carley; 9 December 2013, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Carley View Post
                  ps. Is there a way to subscribe to this thread so that I don't miss any future replies? I will check back more often, it's just easier not to think about this stuff until you absolutely have to.
                  Hi Carley, if you scroll to the top of this page, click on Thread Tools, then click on Subscribe to this Thread, hope this helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 13.02.57.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1398714
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Carley View Post
                      jj69 thanks for your reply.

Yes I did send a cheque for £1 with the original CCA request to Moorcroft but I don't think they ever cashed the cheque (not according to my own records but would need to double check with the bank).

There has been a further development this morning, today I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall on behalf of Vanquis Bank? The letter from Mackenzie Hall is dated 5th December and says that the letter supercedes any previous instructions from other agencies, so I assume Moorcroft are no longer dealing with this. Mackenzie Hall letter says I should send payment by return of post and if I am not able to do that then I have to phone their offices immediately with a holding payment.

Well I have learnt from this forum in the past not to phone these places so should I just now send a CCA request to them as a new request or should I write and say I have previously requested it from Moorcroft? (Sorry, I am so bloody confused).

Carley
                      If it were me I'd send this---> Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, Deepie. I will send that letter and see what I get back in response.

Carley

Comment

Hi again

I need some further advice please.

Regarding JD Williams

I sent a CCA request with a £1 payment on the 14th December by recorded delivery to Fredrickson International but have now had a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP dated 18th December saying they have been asked by Fredricksons to write to me regarding the debt. They have given me fourteen days or they will issue proceedings and have listed the extra costs which are £55 court fee and £70 costs. The CCA request went to Fredricksons and so the solicitors will be unaware of it. I do not feel I should ignore the solicitors letter so can you advise how I should reply to them please?

Regarding Vanquis

Mackenzie Hall have not responded to the CCA request as yet (also sent on the 14th December) but have sent a reduced settlement offer (dated 13th December so prior to CCA request but received several days after I sent it) offering full settlement of £770.56 rather than full balance of £1541.11, to be paid by 23rd December. I don't have that kind of money anyway so can't possibly pay it but I take it I just ignore it and wait for a reply to the CCA request?

Thanks in advance
                          Carley

Comment

Regarding Bryan Carter, are you certain the letter says, 14 days or WILL issue legal proceedings, or it says, "may" because, im certain they never say will.

Either way, you need to inform Bryan Carter the account is in dispute, so i would send them, Threat-o-gram http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...-before-action

Ignore Mackenzie for now.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              Regarding Bryan Carter, are you certain the letter says, 14 days or WILL issue legal proceedings, or it says, "may" because, im certain they never say will.

Either way, you need to inform Bryan Carter the account is in dispute, so i would send them, Threat-o-gram http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...-before-action

Ignore Mackenzie for now.
                              Hiya, thanks for your reply.

Yes sorry it says "may" not will. OK I will send them the letter you suggested.

Re Mackenzie (Vanquis), I have just received another letter from them a few mins ago dated 19th December. It says their understanding is that I am unhappy at being contacted by them as I have an ongoing dispute with Moorcroft (this was the letter I previously sent from here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...lst-in-dispute) and that I feel this is continual harassment. They have now placed the account on hold meaning all collection activity will be suspended pending the outcome of their complaint investigation. They have returned the £1.00 as they say CCA request must be made to Vanquis Bank and they have supplied the address to write to. They have also enclosed a copy of their complaints procedure.

Should I now send a CCA request to Vanquis as Mackenzie suggested (I have previously written to Moorcroft with CCA request but it was ignored) or do I leave it to Moorcroft and Mackenzie to sort between them and wait to hear further?

Thank you.
                              Carley

Comment

Hi Carley

If you've sent a CCA request to Moorcroft previously then no need to send another one.

After Christmas I would send the goons at McKenzie Hall a one liner

Dear Goons

Can I refer you to the letter of blah blah received and signed for on blah blah. Can I suggest that you read this before corresponding again.

Yours may your piles itch

Carley

Comment

Working...
                                X