GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Santander overdraft debt no2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Santander overdraft debt no2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Santander overdraft debt no2

Just to make my Debt problems clear to everyone.
    Hi all this is the new post to separate the two Santander overdraft debts so as not to confuse anyone.
    After receiving several letters from Robway (October 17-Feb 18) all has been quiet until now on this one since I sent overdraft letter 1 CCA (17th Feb18) regarding the other Santander overdraft debt (which is on hold until Robway get the documents requested)
    • Type of account ...another Santander overdraft
    • Date commenced around Oct 2010
    • Approx balance....£849.18
    • Date last paid......nothing since at least Oct 2011
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying......Not paying
    • Status ..................Default Notice 21st March 2012
    • Account owner ... Hoist HPH2..... Now HFUKH2L (assigned 05/10/18)
    This one I have had several letters from DCA Robinson way asking me to make an arrangement or make an offer.....I have not replied to them....Again I have some statements/letters/ statute default notice.

17/12/11 Letter from Santander stating under their T&C they require me to repay the unarranged O/D within the next 7 days or my account facilities will be stopped.

21/03/12 Default notice stating agreement breached and demanding payment of the full O/D within 14 days.
    No action by me.

09/06/18 Letter from Robway asking me to get in touch to agree repayment plan.
    Ignored.

11/07/18 Letter from Robway offering a reduced settlement.
    Ignored

05/10/18 NOA from Hoist Finance UK holdings 2 ltd stating assignment of ownership
    Filed

13/12/18 Letter from Robway asking me to contact them to agree a payment plan.
    Filed

20/01/19 Letter from Robway offering reduced settlement.
    Filed

14/07/20 Letter from Robway stating reconnection team are reviewing my case.
    Filed

25/07/20 Letter from Robway saying they propose to pass this account to Resolvecall for a field visit.
    Filed
    Last edited by whiplash; 26 July 2020, 12:16.

What is the date of the Default Notice?

Were you sent a Formal Demand calling in the whole overdraft and if so what was the date of that Demand and what was the 'remedy' date (typically 14 days later)?

When was the account terminated?

Was this an arranged or unarranged overdraft?

When was the account assigned to Hoist Portfolio?

You say your last payment/activity on the account was October 2011 so this debt has the potential to be Statute Barred but don't tell them that in case it isn't and they issue a claim to beat the SB clock.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
      What is the date of the Default Notice?

Were you sent a Formal Demand calling in the whole overdraft and if so what was the date of that Demand and what was the 'remedy' date (typically 14 days later)?

When was the account terminated?

Was this an arranged or unarranged overdraft?

When was the account assigned to Hoist Portfolio?

You say your last payment/activity on the account was October 2011 so this debt has the potential to be Statute Barred but don't tell them that in case it isn't and they issue a claim to beat the SB clock.

Di
      Hi Di
      The date of the default notice is 21st March 2012 (I have this default notice)

I have a letter dated 17th Dec 2011 requiring me (under their terms & conditions) to repay the unarranged overdraft but that as I am unable to they will within 7 days cancel all d/d & s/o, cancel the debit card and cancel any arranged overdraft.

The arranged overdraft limit was £700 however this was breached in Sep 2011...(due to ongoing charges). The above letter dated 17th Dec 2011 has a balance of -£849.18.

I don't have any letter of assignment however my credit report in Oct 2017 had this debt with Hoist with the monthly balance as far back as Dec 2014.... ( this is no longer on my credit report)

Yes the last payment activity was in Oct 2011 however Robway stated on overdraft 1 that a payment was made in Sep12....
      Let me try &explain this.... on both the Santander overdraft debts 1 & 2 the default notices state a balance exactly £100 more than what Robway are chasing me for...(hence this payment they state was made Sep12) I know 100% that it wasn't me and going back through the letters Santander stated that all intrest & charges on both accounts were suspended as of Dec 11....The Jan 12 statements both include further charges of £100 on each account.....so these payments I believe were an adjustment of these charges made in error!!!
      This is the point I don't have proof of these apparent payments hence the SAR request on overdraft 1 (dated 17th Feb 2018 to which I have had an acknowledement from Santander however nothing more from them at present) would have given me the proof on both accounts.
      I believe these both to be statute barred.
      Hope this helps
      Regards
      W

Comment

Hi....Letter received from Santander today 17/07/2018 with reference to my SAR request (17th Feb 2018)
        They state that based on the information provided...Name, current address, previous address (which is where both Santander accounts were opened & held) and d.o.b they regret that they cannot locate any account data relating to any Santander accounts.
        They state that I am welcome to supply any additional data to help find the account details requested.
        They also advise that historical information can only be retained for legitimate reasons, therefore some personal data may no longer be held as it has been deleted in line with our retention policy.
        They state that in circumstances where our relationship ceased with the customer more than six years ago we do not retain the documentation required, therefore are not obliged to provide this information in accordance with FCO guidelines.

Ok should I do anything more to try & locate this data....ie account no's, or should I just take this as they do not have any data on me any more which also means Robway wont be able to produce anything either?
        Regards
        W

Comment

Curious because of what you have already written "..
          The date of the default notice is 21st March 2012 (I have this default notice) .."
          That is not yet 6 years ago is it! Well if they can't supply you neither can they supply Robway.
          It will up to Robway to Prove! Irrespective of documents that you may actually hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Curious because of what you have already written "..
            The date of the default notice is 21st March 2012 (I have this default notice) .."
            That is not yet 6 years ago is it! Well if they can't supply you neither can they supply Robway.
            It will up to Robway to Prove! Irrespective of documents that you may actually hold.
            March 2012 plus 6 years = March 2018!!!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post

March 2012 plus 6 years = March 2018!!!
              I am corrected!! cymruambyth Yours humbly. !!

But I find it incredible that Santander are apparently applying a six year to date for the destruction of Data!
              Because what about existing Santander Credit Card Debtors opened prior to the last 6 years. Santander don't hold their Data either??

Comment

Hi Roger....yes I find that incredible too....I suppose I was hoping to get the absolute proof about these £100 credits to both these Santander accounts in Sep 2012 to prove the SB status of these accounts & also what Robway have.... I assume that this is why Robway have put this account on hold since my CCA overdraft letter 1 (17th Feb 2018).
                The letter from Santander states that data is only kept 6yrs from when the relationship with the customer ends....this could have been from when all my banking facilities were withdrawn/demand for full repayment of overdraft was made which was Dec2011 ie accounts closed and passed to their debt control dept?? not sure.
                Anyway the letter from Santander filed safely and of course will update as/when I hear anything more.
                Regards
                W
                Last edited by whiplash; 19 July 2018, 08:32. Reason: date correction

Comment

Well in some cases Debts can be returned to seller! So I find Santander policy strange to say the least. From a operational context then yes because Creditor status can be fluid and changing and probably the six year thinking reflects a business approach to Banking. Sic Credit scores improving , new jobs prospects etc..

For overdrafts read here https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...A-Information=

The overdraft letter here https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...20CCA%20v1.doc and its follow up
                  https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...20CCA%20v2.doc

These might cause considerable problems for Satander in your case.

Comment

Hi all just to let you know that I have heard nothing more on this account.
                    Regards
                    W

Comment

Hi all letter received today from Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 ltd stating notice of assignment.
                      Letter states that Hoist portfolio Holding 2 ltd (HPH2) has assigned all rights,interest,benefits and entitlement to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 ltd (HFUKH2L).
                      Robway will continue to service this account on behalf of HFUKH2L.
                      They state this is due to internal restructuring.....they've just added UK into the title.
                      Should I take much notice of this or just file?
                      Best regards
                      W

Comment

yep thinlk they are moving internal accounts, they seem to be in sort of trouble? wonder if a Tax evation exercise = write off for tax purposes, ( does not mean to the indiividual maybe?)
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
                          Hi all this is the new post to separate the two Santander overdraft debts so as not to confuse anyone.
                          After receiving several letters from Robway (October 17-Feb 18) all has been quiet until now on this one since I sent overdraft letter 1 CCA (17th Feb18) regarding the other Santander overdraft debt (which is on hold until Robway get the documents requested)
                          • Account owner ... Hoist HPH2
                          This one I have had several letters from DCA Robinson way asking me to make an arrangement or make an offer.....I have not replied to them....Again I have some statements/letters/ statute default notice.

17/12/11 Letter from Santander stating under their T&C they require me to repay the unarranged O/D within the next 7 days or my account facilities will be stopped.

21/03/12 Default notice stating agreement breached and demanding payment of the full O/D within 14 days.
                          No action by me.

Ignored.

Ignored

05/10/18 NOA from Hoist Finance UK holdings 2 ltd stating assignment of ownership

Hi to all sorry for the delay in posting this.....
                          Letter received 13/12/18 asking me to contact them to agree a payment plan no threats of legal action, filed!
                          Nothing more received since.
                          Best regards
                          W

Comment

No action by me.

Ignored.

Ignored

Filed

Filed

Filed
                            Hi all just an update on letters received.
                            Best regards
                            W

Comment

No action by me.

Ignored.

Ignored

Filed

Filed

Filed

14/07/20 Letter from Robway stating reconnection team are reviewing my case.
                              Filed

25/07/20 Letter from Robway saying they propose to pass this account to Resolvecall for a field visit.
                              Filed
                              Hi to all & hope all is well in your worlds.
                              Nothing posted for a while as all appeared to have gone quiet....
                              However have received two letters in the last week & wondered if I should respond at all to the threat of a proposed home visit from Resolvecall or just File it.
                              This Debt I believe is now well and truly SB ......now more than 8yrs since any contact/payment from me.
                              Any advice would be really appreciated.
                              Best regards
                              W

Comment

Working...
                              X