GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A debt i am not aware of went through the CCJ without informing me..What can i do? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A debt i am not aware of went through the CCJ without informing me..What can i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A debt i am not aware of went through the CCJ without informing me..What can i do?

Hi

I have received letter from Lowell Solicitors about a debt i am not aware of. It says the original debt is from orange, but i have only had EE - now we are talking approximately 5 years back about this apparent debt. I know, that Orange merged with other companies into EE but that was in 2010... i arrived to England at the end of 2013 so i do not understand that. The other thing is, as it happened that many years ago i do not recall any unpaid bills or unfinished contract. So when i received the first letter about the debt i sent them request for a copy of the credit agreement ( misleading information from friend) however they replied this is about service agreement so they don't need to send me anything and i should seek my own legal advice. And as it is a subject of Country Court Judgment they do not need to provide anything to me and i have to pay it. Please help
    Last edited by Tatiana; 2 July 2018, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatiana View Post

I have received letter from Lowell Solicitors about a debt i am not aware of. It says the original debt is from orange, but i have only had EE - now we are talking approximately 5 years back about this apparent debt. I know, that Orange merged with other companies into EE but that was in 2010... i arrived to England at the end of 2013 so i do not understand that. The other thing is, as it happened that many years ago i do not recall any unpaid bills or unfinished contract. So when i received the first letter about the debt i sent them request for a copy of the credit agreement ( misleading information from friend) however they replied this is about service agreement so they don't need to send me anything and i should seek my own legal advice. And as it is a subject of Country Court Judgment they do not need to provide anything to me and i have to pay it.

Hello Tatiana

Do you mean you've just received a claim form or have you received a Default Judgment (CCJ) from Northampton County Court because you didn't respond to a claim form?

Depending on you answer you may need to file a Defence (if it's a claim form you've received) or establish whether you have grounds to have it (CCJ) set aside if you didn't receive the claim because it was incorrectly served.

If you make an Application for a set aside you would need to persuade the court that you would have good prospects of success with a Defence if you are given the opportunity.

Was the claim form sent to an address where you were/are not living?

When did you last make a payment towards the mobile phone account, could it be more than six years ago (you say the debt was from five years ago)?

Di

Comment

Working...
      X