GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank Accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Accounts

Hi Guys, long time no see! Hope everyone is well.

Quick question - is it possible for any DCA's to get access to your bank account? I have a UK bank account that has nothing to do with any debts but i'm slightly concerned that they might be able to freeze it or put a charge over it so any money gets paid out to them

Originally posted by GlobalC View Post
    Quick question - is it possible for any DCA's to get access to your bank account? I have a UK bank account that has nothing to do with any debts but i'm slightly concerned that they might be able to freeze it or put a charge over it so any money gets paid out to them

This post got missed last year but it's become relevant again now that you have obtained a CCJ.

I've replied on your other thread about the CCJ issue here > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-living-abroad

So the straight answer to your question is, Yes a debt owner who has obtained a CCJ can make an Application to the court for a Third Party Debt Order where the Bank is Ordered to 'freeze' any money in the account > https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rty-debt-order

Whether their Application would be successful is another matter

Is there any activity on the account such as Direct Debts etc?

Where are the statements sent or is it an online only account?

Di

Comment

There is minimal activity, I have money coming in each month, which I usually move out straight away and the balance generally is only a few hundred pounds on most days of the month.There is a few outgoings to subscriptions I have like Netflix. But I have no assets in the UK and no bills to pay (electric, water etc). I am also classed as a non UK resident with HMRC.

Comment

I have investment accounts in the UK but I assume they can't see these

Comment

Working...
        X