GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script home insurance signature is it likely to be used by creditors ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

home insurance signature is it likely to be used by creditors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home insurance signature is it likely to be used by creditors ?

Just renewed our home insurance and got a letter asking us to sign the agreement - is this dangerous if any of our creditors get hold of the signature to send us a CCA - not my query its my husbands - he's paranoid as our debts are SB this June .

Thanks s2m

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    Just renewed our home insurance and got a letter asking us to sign the agreement - is this dangerous if any of our creditors get hold of the signature to send us a CCA - not my query its my husbands - he's paranoid as our debts are SB this June .

Thanks s2m
    When I sign anything I make a point of not staying within Boxes! I will write over a printed name for instance!
    Then either scan the document and signature or use your MOB to take a picture!
    Very difficult to lift such a signature!

Comment

thanks Roger

Comment

Maybe use a slightly different signature for 2018 and make sure you save a scan or photo of the document in safe place and then if you receive a CCA that a debt buyer says is from 2004 with your 2018 signature on it you know they are being naughty

Comment

we've only got until June before the debts become SB - hubby really weary about signing this credit agreement .

Comment

OK, a suggestion,

Rather than signing up for a credit agreement for house insurance how about paying in a one off payment if you have the funds available.

We used to pay monthly but when renewal was due we moved insurance to direct line and paid it as a one off payment with debit card because the first years price is always low for new customers

Have a look and see what a one off payment would be. I hate direct debits now and don't want any of them if I can help it.

https://www.directline.com/home-cover

Comment

Forgot to say that I never use the debit card from our main bank account for anything like this as it would be too easy for a company to auto renew a policy at a higher price than previous year.

I use a basic bank account with a pre paid debit card and only ever put money on the card when I need to pay something such as a subscription or insurance or car breakdown cover.

if a company tries to renew an insurance policy the transaction will be declined as no money on the card unless I want something to go through.

For day to day living expenses I use a monzo card for shopping.
              https://monzo.com/

Comment

Working...
              X