GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Santander Overdraft debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Santander Overdraft debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
    Hi all....Have heard nothing more from Robinson Way/Howard Cohen since return of LBC and Overdraft letter 1 sent to both....all was recieved on 19th Feb by them as per special delivery so waiting to see what happens next......
    Letter recieved from Santander dated 19th Feb 2018 confirming my SAR request and that it will be dealt with within 40 days.
    will update as soon as I hear anything more.
    Take care.....
    See Niddy's later Blogs on this subject of overdraft
    https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1508050

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

See Niddy's later Blogs on this subject of overdraft
      https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1508050
      Still heard nothing.......should I do anything or just sit tight?

Comment

just sit tight ball is in their court, NW x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          Hi letter received from Robinson Way this morning.....
          They thank me for my recent contact in response to the pre action protocol pack.
          They state my response has been noted and they have requested the documents specified (in the CCA overdraft letter 1) in order to provide me with more information on this debt.
          They state that the account is on hold until the documents have been provided.
          Once they have received them they will then send me the documents requested and the account will be placed on a further hold to allow time for me to contact them.
          Regards

Comment

Lets understand what they should be sending you - see Niddy's entry!!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Yes, send a CCA request for the overdraft.
            They’ll write back saying it’s not relevant. Fine. It’s UE when they do that as they’re in default. There should be annual statements etc - the lot.
            By writing back they have acknowledged that this is UE so now you wait and ignore letters etc..

What do they need to send? Read Niddy's Blog https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...212#post462212

Comment

Hi all just to let you know that all is still quiet........nothing more to report so far.....
              Best regards....

Comment

Hi all Just wondering if I should chase up my SAR request to Santander ?? as nothing received since their letter (dated 19th Feb) confirming my request, and that they would supply it within 40 days.
                As explained at the start of this blog I had 2 overdrafts from Santander and after going quiet after my CCA request for the main one I have received a letter from Robway asking me to contact them about the other one.
                Regards
                W

Comment

Hi all Just wondering if I should chase up my SAR request to Santander ?? as nothing received since their letter (dated 19th Feb) confirming my request, and that they would supply it within 40 days.
                  As explained at the start of this blog I had 2 overdrafts from Santander and after going quiet after my CCA request for the main one I have received a letter from Robway asking me to contact them about the other one.
                  Regards
                  W
                  Hi

I see from your diary that Santander acknowledged your SAR on 19 Feb, but have not yet produced the information, let alone within the 40 days to which they referred. Given that there is still the possibility of a claim lurking in the background (if Hoist/Robway manage to come up with an Agreement), I think I would have been following up with Santander sooner than this. No need to panic, but the SAR information should help you clarify your position regarding both accounts.

Warwick65 suggested a draft follow up letter to an overdue SAR response on another thread recently, which perhaps you could use -

"Dear Sir

Ref: Subject Access Request

I refer to my request made under the above on 17 February 2018 (copy enclosed) and prior to making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office i would like to remind you of your obligations. I look forward to receiving your fully compliant response within 14 calendar days

Yours
                  "

I would be inclined to get something along these lines off to Santander straightaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

I see from your diary that Santander acknowledged your SAR on 19 Feb, but have not yet produced the information, let alone within the 40 days to which they referred. Given that there is still the possibility of a claim lurking in the background (if Hoist/Robway manage to come up with an Agreement), I think I would have been following up with Santander sooner than this. No need to panic, but the SAR information should help you clarify your position regarding both accounts.

Warwick65 suggested a draft follow up letter to an overdue SAR response on another thread recently, which perhaps you could use -

"Dear Sir

Ref: Subject Access Request

I refer to my request made under the above on 17 February 2018 (copy enclosed) and prior to making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office i would like to remind you of your obligations. I look forward to receiving your fully compliant response within 14 calendar days

Yours
                    "

I would be inclined to get something along these lines off to Santander straightaway.
                    Thanks for the quick response.....I will get onto it now and get in the post today.....
                    Best regards
                    W

Comment

Hang on

I have not had chance to look fully through the thread but are the debts close to or actually statute barred.

Before you post anything think do you want santander to get all the I fo ready

Comment

Just had a quick scan back and it seems both debts are well and truly statute barred.

If that is the case I see no reason why you shouldn't send a chaser.

My.concern was, if Santander got everything together for a SAR and then Hoist asked for it, they would have it

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                          Just had a quick scan back and it seems both debts are well and truly statute barred.

If that is the case I see no reason why you shouldn't send a chaser.

My.concern was, if Santander got everything together for a SAR and then Hoist asked for it, they would have it
                          Hi Warwick yes I agree with you which is why I had let it go on without chasing it however i'm sending a chaser today.....lets hope they have nothing to find eh
                          Regards
                          W

Comment

Hi Warwick yes I agree with you which is why I had let it go on without chasing it however i'm sending a chaser today.....lets hope they have nothing to find eh
                            Regards
                            W
                            Ok one further question before I do anything....as I said in a much earlier post Robway have said a payment was made in September 2012 which I Know 100% it was not me, I didn't even have anything like that sort of money at this time(checked bank statements etc)......both of these accounts have been credited £100 each since the default notice/amount which I believe to be a refund/adjustment of charges made after they had sent me a letter in late 2011 stating they had stopped all further charges on these accounts however charges were still applied. This is why the SAR information would be helpful to prove what these payments were....and would prove the SB status for sure.
                            An overdraft CCA request was sent for the 1st Santander acc on 17th Febuary to Robway/copy to HCohen and the account is on hold and still on hold as heard nothing more so far.
                            Regards
                            W

Comment

Ok one further question before I do anything....as I said in a much earlier post Robway have said a payment was made in September 2012 which I Know 100% it was not me, I didn't even have anything like that sort of money at this time(checked bank statements etc)......both of these accounts have been credited £100 each since the default notice/amount which I believe to be a refund/adjustment of charges made after they had sent me a letter in late 2011 stating they had stopped all further charges on these accounts however charges were still applied. This is why the SAR information would be helpful to prove what these payments were....and would prove the SB status for sure.
                              An overdraft CCA request was sent for the 1st Santander acc on 17th Febuary to Robway/copy to HCohen and the account is on hold and still on hold as heard nothing more so far.
                              Regards
                              W
                              Hi

I didn't see a question there But I would think that the account statements in the SAR should show whether these alleged payments are, in fact, credit adjustments.

Comment

OK
                                My instinct is to do nothing here.

Your post 28th February 2018, 10:22

Hi all....Have heard nothing more from Robinson Way/Howard Cohen since return of LBC and Overdraft letter 1 sent to both....all was recieved on 19th Feb by them as per special delivery so waiting to see what happens next......
                                Letter recieved from Santander dated 19th Feb 2018 confirming my SAR request and that it will be dealt with within 40 days.
                                will update as soon as I hear anything more.

Both are outstanding at this time aren't they?
                                Your Post

6th March 2018, 09:05
                                Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

Hi letter received from Robinson Way this morning.....
                                They thank me for my recent contact in response to the pre action protocol pack.
                                They state my response has been noted and they have requested the documents specified (in the CCA overdraft letter 1) in order to provide me with more information on this debt.
                                They state that the account is on hold until the documents have been provided.
                                Once they have received them they will then send me the documents requested and the account will be placed on a further hold to allow time for me to contact them

So you see at this time you don't need a SAR unless or until such time as Robinson Way come back with Documents. Then would be the moment to perhaps send Santandar that chaser letter!
                                No threat No sweat!
                                Even if Sept 2012 you are what more or less 3-4 months from Statute Barred.
                                If you look at Niddy's info on the Overdraft Letter (which uses the CCA in a slightly different way to the S 77/78 ) THIS IS UE at this time!
                                So I would do nothing here!

Comment

Working...
                                X