GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Closed/open accounts on credit file - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed/open accounts on credit file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed/open accounts on credit file

If an account which is being marked default on a credit file is in the open accounts bit how does the default ever dissapear after 6 years?

Sorry if it’s a silly question, and I’m sure I’m being really thick to be missing what is probably really obvious, however I was confused if they keep reporting it as D every month it will never disappear?

They keep updating the file for 6 years after the default is registered and then they legally drop off after 6 years.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Cyruambyth,

Does that mean that the whole account disappears? I get the closed accounts disappear as I've noticed some of the older paid off ones have gone,

But as most are all on my file as open accounts I thought maybe the first year gets overwritten with the 7th year if that makes sense. I have one that is coming up to 6 years since i've had any contact in the next few months, so looking forward to seeing the first disappear

Comment

Accounts leave your file 6 years after default even when you are still paying them.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Working...
          X