GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help! letter of claim Pre-action protocol letter recieved howard cohen- what do i do?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! letter of claim Pre-action protocol letter recieved howard cohen- what do i do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to Still Wavings good advice

It would be helpful if you could create a Diary entry

The Diary will help you,and the MODS etc.. on this site.
    https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

I notice that ".. the original creditor (lloyds credit card) .."
    Send a SRA to Lloyds (will cost £10) https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...mplate-letters

As you send letters out and recieve letters enter these into your Diary.

Comment

Thanks, I've spoken with Di and completed and sent the forms back recorded delivery, should buy at least another 30 days.
      I will try to sort out a diary in the next few days :-)

Comment

My response to the pre-action protocol was signed for at 11.09 am today.:-)

Comment

Must admit- still slightly scared they will just go ahead with CCJ even though they've signed for my reply! I guess if i do get any ccj letters i ca use the proof that they are abusing the pre-protocol system to put it aside?

Comment

Must admit- still slightly scared they will just go ahead with CCJ even though they've signed for my reply! I guess if i do get any ccj letters i ca use the proof that they are abusing the pre-protocol system to put it aside?

Comment

They cant just go ahead and get a CCJ. They have to follow court procedure.

Comment

They can only issue a claim after they have followed all the new procedures. If they do issue a claim ou will get guidance on how to proceed to ensure that you do not get a judgement. Try not to worry; there is nothing else you can do - other than try to sort out all your paperwork so that IF there is a claim you will be in a stronger position to react/defend. Di’s advice is always very good.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update- Letter received: Thank you for getting in touch with us about you account. We have noted your query and we will investigate this for you.
                  In the meantime we have put your account on hold temporarily and we will be in touch when we have more information for you.

Well that's a nice result! seeing as this relates to lloyds credit cards from before 2005, i don't think they will find much of the info i requested :-D

Comment

That’’s great, keep the letter safe.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not heard anything since and it goes SB in about 3 weeks!

Comment

oops, posted twice :-)

Comment

You should be able to spin this out for 3 more weeks by delaying responses until the last possible day, and the claimants will soon realise they've run out of time. SB remains whilever you are not admitting the debt so any wording you use needs to be well chosen to avoid setting the SB clock again. Someone more experienced than I will clarify what needs to be avoided, I'm sure. Good luck...tense few weeks ....you'll be fine with AAD though..

Comment

Working...
                          X