GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script what is a basic credit check ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is a basic credit check ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a basic credit check ?

My son wants us to be a guarantor for a house he wants to rent- we trust him that he will pay so no worry there - but the landlord wants to do a basic credit check on us . We are into our last year of our debts becoming statute bared and we don't want the creditors waking up for obvious reasons.

Will this basic credit check wake them up ?
    I want my son to move out as he's been us for too long now lol .

Thank you

Is anyone around please need an answer sorry to be impatient just waited a long time for my son to finally move on and don't want anything delaying it .

Comment

That's fine - it only shows public data usually. You shouldn't worry about this. Only the bigger agents tend to do anything more.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thank you Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          My son wants us to be a guarantor for a house he wants to rent- we trust him that he will pay so no worry there - but the landlord wants to do a basic credit check on us . We are into our last year of our debts becoming statute bared and we don't want the creditors waking up for obvious reasons
          Why not ask the Letting Agent which tenant referencing service they will be using then you can Google it to find out what information they are likely to check and how (it may be email reference enquiries and not a CRA search).

The Landlord's only concern will be to discover whether you can afford to pay the rent if your son doesn't.

Here's some information on Experian's basic Tenant Verifier service which would probably be the same for any guarantor > http://www.experian.co.uk/background...landlords.html

Sample report > http://www.experian.co.uk/assets/bac...ant-report.pdf

Your creditors shouldn't be able to see any 'soft search'.

I would also ask if the Landlord will accept you as guarantor for the initial fixed period only (i.e. the first six months etc) and not as an everlasting guarantor. This means once your son is able to pass his own reference (in future) you'll be released as his guarantor even if he stays in the same property.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Why not ask the Letting Agent which tenant referencing service they will be using then you can Google it to find out what information they are likely to check and how (it may be email reference enquiries and not a CRA search).

The Landlord's only concern will be to discover whether you can afford to pay the rent if your son doesn't.

Here's some information on Experian's basic Tenant Verifier service which would probably be the same for any guarantor > http://www.experian.co.uk/background...landlords.html

Sample report > http://www.experian.co.uk/assets/bac...ant-report.pdf

Your creditors shouldn't be able to see any 'soft search'.

I would also ask if the Landlord will accept you as guarantor for the initial fixed period only (i.e. the first six months etc) and not as an everlasting guarantor. This means once your son is able to pass his own reference (in future) you'll be released as his guarantor even if he stays in the same property.

Di
            Thank you Di - will ask he is viewing the property Monday - hope it all goes through okay cos he really wants to move on again . He has one more year at uni then he should get a really well paid job with his degree .

I think the landlord is only a private landlord and he seems keen to let him have the house even said if he decorates himself he will lower the rent by £20 a month and he is also putting a new kitchen in . It will be ready in September which is great .

I was also going to mention about only being a guarantor for say 6 months I don't want to be tied to this forever .

xx

Comment

It never affected us when we rented 2yrs ago xx.
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                It never affected us when we rented 2yrs ago xx.
                I'm nervous of being a guarantor the stress is upsetting even now and my son has asked her family but they have refused - its not something anyone jumps into i mean effectively the guarantor is accepting a potential debt . xx

Comment

Working...
                X