GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card!

hi jayne,
    do you mean the pre-approval checker? if so, its a legitimate process which carries out a soft search meaning other lenders wont see it.
    i dont use facebook really but if you go direct to the cap1 site you can be assured its legit.
    cheers
    sa
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,

Can you apply for a CAP one if you've had one previously and defaulted on it?

Also cards like Luma and others ive come across are backed by Capital one therefore im assuming i cannot apply or should i say i wont be accepted for this?

Comment

was it passed to a DCA or sold to one,
        when was it defaulted, have they all dropped of your credit file,

never assume, give it a try, but make sure you can afford it xx

Merry Christmas xxx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi merry crimbo to you to.

certainly a dca has the account, not sure if it was sold to one or not.

im paying a small payment on a monthly basis to cap ones dca but I still have another 18 months before the default come of my credit file.

ive also seen other sub prime credit card companies or owned or associated with capital one, so I'm guessing that it's unlikely I'll get accepts by them?

also had a question regarding a soft search, I understand other lenders can't see it put lets just say You've been rejected by a certain lender, will they keep a record of it? If so how log for? Also is this viewed negatively if your re-apply for a product with that lender in the future?

thanks

Comment

a soft search is not normally seen by anyone but yourself.
            if you are paying then it may still be watched by Cap one, if you have been rejected in the last 12 months then don't bother applying anywhere else , it flags you up as desperate, immediate rejection by almost all company's

Comment

Edit: thought the post didnt go through.

response below.
              Last edited by btcc_racer; 25 December 2015, 22:28.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
                Appreciate you clearing up for a few things for me.

I've managed to get a JD Williams account, Whats the best way to manage this in order to build up my credit rating?
                Just to pay the minimum payment? The amount of credit ive got is relatively low and i could clear at a moments notice, but i rather do things whats going to help me in the longer run.

Thanks

Comment

Cap1 & Luma are the main branded ones by Cap1. If you still have debt to Cap1 then no, I'd not apply. It's like a red flag and they'd then know all your details including income.

If you're desperate for credit (I don't know why if you're making repayments on past defaulted accounts ) then possibly test Vanquis and/or Aqua.

Vanquis is independent and Aqua / Luma are both NewDay backed (independent).
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for info. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X