GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One asking for proof of income and to fill in income/expenditure form - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One asking for proof of income and to fill in income/expenditure form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One asking for proof of income and to fill in income/expenditure form

Hello all!

so i used the template here to settle a balance with capital one, they rejected it and also the £1 offer a month.
    the balance is only £77.

they sent a letter asking me to fill in the income/expenditure form which is expected but they are asking for my wage slips dating back 3 months so they can see my income and all my expenses, what is the best thing to respond with?

many thanks.

Lee

Re: Capital One asking for proof of income and to fill in income/expenditure form

Originally posted by LeeC View Post
    Hello all!

so i used the template here to settle a balance with capital one, they rejected it and also the £1 offer a month.
    the balance is only £77.

they sent a letter asking me to fill in the income/expenditure form which is expected but they are asking for my wage slips dating back 3 months so they can see my income and all my expenses, what is the best thing to respond with?

many thanks.

Lee
    Don't argue Don't negotiate. Simply send £1 per month to the amount of your settlement offer!

Comment

Re: Capital One asking for proof of income and to fill in income/expenditure form

You are under no obligation to provide them with information whatsoever.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wouldn't be filling in an income and expediture form and definitely not sending off wage slips. I would just pay what you can per month until it's paid off.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

pay £1.00 p.m. end of

Comment

I agree with all the above, Happy New Year xx

Comment

They will no doubt sell the debt soon seems to be their policy once you refuse to succumb to their instructions, so pay the £1.00 might get a quick reduction from some Credit buyer!>?

Comment

Yep agree just send them £1

Comment

This is an unbeliveably stupid and petty act from Capital One. I'd be tempted to repeat your £1/month offer, but written on toilet paper, with further instruction they know how to use your letter as they would appear to be so scrooge-esque they probably are lacking paper in their lavatories.

Originally posted by LeeC View Post
                  Hello all!

the balance is only £77.

many thanks.

Lee
                  ps. You don't send them any I/E info whatsoever, never mind payslips.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

they asked us for hubbys bank statements, so i blanked everything out and sent them a copy, saying that under the DPA, as it was a joint account they could whistle dixie for it.

Comment

Agree pay £1 and no to I/E form deffo no ban k statements or wage slips .
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

no matter what you do they will sale it on as it seems to be the Normal thing from past experience with them?? 1st signs of non payments/reduced payments

Comment

Working...
                        X