GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script can debtor force which of the offers for my property is accepted to my disadvatage - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can debtor force which of the offers for my property is accepted to my disadvatage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can debtor force which of the offers for my property is accepted to my disadvatage

In addition to my house I have a commercial property under separate title. My house is not involved. A private individual, a long-term colleague, made a short term high value loan to me so I could satisfy a serious debt issue. I agreed to sell the commercial property to repay. I am nearly 70 and was ill and under severe stress when this was done.

In a simple agreement between me as owner of the commercial property and the individual, I was obliged to agree that if after a certain date I had not secured an offer to sell, then the individual took control of the sale.

I put the property up for sale and found a buyer that offered substantially more than the money, dues and fees due on the loan. This offer was confirmed on the night of the last day I had control and in writing the following morning.

Now the individual wants to force the selection of another bidder who has offered more.

Accepting this other offer leaves me disadvantaged as my preferred offer gives me substantially more at a later date when planning permission is secured. I suspect a deal between the individual and the other offer.

As a principle in law, does a lender have the right to force an unfair agreement and accept an offer he prefers instead of the offer I have when my preferred offer is substantially in excess of the debt and all dues.

The individual did not take out a charging order, but, did register his charge against the deeds, but, did not state the amount of the debt the charge was being taken for. It simply states he has a charge.

Re: can debtor force which of the offers for my property is accepted to my disadvatage

unfair contracts etc comes to ind here?? sure somebody will be here soon to advise?

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (UTCCRs).

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: can debtor force which of the offers for my property is accepted to my disadvatage

This is certainly beyond my knowledge. I'll flag it up and hopefully you'll get a reply from someone more knowledgeable.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sit tight don't despair xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nextenso View Post
          In addition to my house I have a commercial property under separate title. My house is not involved. A private individual, a long-term colleague, made a short term high value loan to me so I could satisfy a serious debt issue. I agreed to sell the commercial property to repay. I am nearly 70 and was ill and under severe stress when this was done.

In a simple agreement between me as owner of the commercial property and the individual, I was obliged to agree that if after a certain date I had not secured an offer to sell, then the individual took control of the sale.

I put the property up for sale and found a buyer that offered substantially more than the money, dues and fees due on the loan. This offer was confirmed on the night of the last day I had control and in writing the following morning.

Now the individual wants to force the selection of another bidder who has offered more.

Accepting this other offer leaves me disadvantaged as my preferred offer gives me substantially more at a later date when planning permission is secured. I suspect a deal between the individual and the other offer.

As a principle in law, does a lender have the right to force an unfair agreement and accept an offer he prefers instead of the offer I have when my preferred offer is substantially in excess of the debt and all dues.

The individual did not take out a charging order, but, did register his charge against the deeds, but, did not state the amount of the debt the charge was being taken for. It simply states he has a charge.
          Have you spoken to a solicitor? I really think this sounds like a lot of money involved and this "friend" seems to be trying to put a spanner in your works. I really urge you to speak with a solicitor, surely there must be a solicitor acting for you for the sale????

Comment

Working...
          X