GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F+ F restriction - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F+ F restriction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F+ F restriction

I have ~3k debt on a restriction. We'd like to change mortgage to a different provider, and they are saying they cannot with the restriction in place...
    (crazy that a 3.4k+ debt can stop a remortgage on a 280k house!)

What amount do you think i will need to remove it? - the original debt was a CC.

Do i need to take any special measures because its a restriction. or anything else i need to do ?

Re: F+ F restriction

Hi, can you please give a bit more information? Is this as a result of a CCJ? When was it gained? Is the mortgage in one or both names? I believe that if it is against one person, but the mortgage is in both names it cannot be enforced. However if the judgement was made within the last 6 years you may have a problem regardless of restriction in getting a new mortgage.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, the CCJ came first.. then the Restriction. its a joint mortgage, but the Restriction is only on me. They are refusing a remotgage because the restriction gives priority.

i am 4 years into my defaults on other larger loans. So there is a question on that. The CCJ was early 2013. for 3.4k. AFAIK, there is no interest being applied.

Comment

Have a read of this thread here -----> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post353264
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

With the debts and ccj I'm surprised you've been offered a mortgage. New affordability guidelines would surely force a reject - otherwise the new system is flawed already!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

NID..
            I think its because the current mortgage is a One Account mortgage, on interest only.. and the transfer is to Natwest.. which is same group.. so they still have the risk no matter what. The affordability did reject, but they got special permission, another department.

Comment

3 years ago i offered them 1.2k to not go ahead with the restriction..they refused and went ahead.. the debt is still 3.4k..

wonder how much i can beg from mum, to make them an offer

Comment

Working...
              X