GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PRA group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRA group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA group

Hiya I received a letter from PRA group (is there any way I can attach it?) I am 7 months from debts being SB.
    Letter says "settlement offer call now and the single payment settlement option. Full and final settlement" .
    But then... " should you make the discounted, settlement payments your credit file will be updated to show as partially settled in order for your credit reference file to be marked as satisfied the full outstanding balance must be cleared."

I am worried in case making this payment
    would re trigger 6 year clock and if I call them to discuss won't that also re start the clock. I am tempted to make the payment as seems a good deal. But thought I should seek some advice first.

Re: PRA group

a begging letter for now! care to enlighten us to the alledged debt and any action taken by them or yourself???

is the alledged debt Enforceable/unenforceable?? after all this time why have they not issued court proceedings? hold your nerve!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt is £586 they have offered £58 settlement. This is the 1st contact from this group. Others have contacted before and I just ignored. I think it is enforceable as still under 6 years? Just worried about restarting the clock.

Comment

If you contact them it will reset the SB clock. Whether it is enforceable will depend on when it was taken out and various other factors. Just before a debt becomes SB there are lots of threats and offers. When was the account started, if before 2007 it may be unenforceable, or at least it is easier to prove.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You have done the right thing in asking first

This sounds like a classic PRA begging letter as others have said. Write the date you received in on the envelope and file it away. Lets see what they send next. And again, never contact them by phone etc or indeed answer their calls. If they call and you do answer just put the phone down. If you play this right the chances are you will get past the SB stage

Comment

Originally posted by IrishAk View Post
            Debt is £586 they have offered £58 settlement. This is the 1st contact from this group. Others have contacted before and I just ignored. I think it is enforceable as still under 6 years? Just worried about restarting the clock.
            Are you sure PRA are offering to settle the account for a payment of £58 or are they offering to settle with a 10% discount which would be £58 with the balance due being reduced to £528?

I must say a 90% discount does sound attractive so it may mean they believe that haven't got a hope in hell (or court) of recovering the debt.

The debt may be enforceable because it's not yet statute barred, but it may be unenforceable if the account was opened before April 2007. So who was the original creditor and when did you open the account? Is it a credit card, bank overdraft, catalogue account etc?

If this is the first letter they've ever sent to you they may be trying to lure you into scuppering the SB date.

I would think twice about responding until you know where you stand legally speaking.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
            X