GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please

Hi Florish

I understand your reservations about not wanting to receive a court claim, but they could still do this now anyway, and if you can get something in writing from them stating they cannot provide a copy of the CCA then they are less likely to issue a claim.

I'm assuming that you were advised to pay £1/month to 'show willing' and that the creditor then won't issue a court claim. I'm afraid to say that this is not correct.

The main reason that creditors prefer you to continue paying £1/month is that it prevents the debt from ever becoming statute barred meaning that they can either demand increased payments or issue a court claim anyway. There are plenty of people out there on debt management plans for several years only to receive court claims with a year or so to go on their payments. Its the creditors way of screwing you over for a few more years as a spiteful retribution.

Making a CCA request is a legal right that you have, and the creditor has a legal obligation to fulfill it. You don't own your own home, you have no assets, therefore I cannot see what you have to lose by stopping payments, and using the £1 for next couple of months payment to get a postal order and send a CCA request by recorded delivery.

They then have 14 days to respond with a copy of the agreement - if they do not they are in default of your request.

You then pay nothing for 6 years and the debt becomes statute barred (5 years if you are in Scotland) and then they legally can't pursue you for the debt. If things get heavy then everyone here will offer help and guidance on what steps to take.

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Actually mate it CAN go to court, whether they'll win is another matter altogether but it can go to court for s.78 failings.

Yeah i know, issuing proceedings is not enforcement, i get that, but knowing Natwest they wont if they dont have it. And as you say, section 78 failings would chuck it out.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Should also mention, that i would sign the CCA request over the anti tamper strip just to cut out the to and throwing of natwest demanding a sig. Make the whole process quicker to establish whether they have it or not. Because as we all know, they wont tell you or send you anything without a signature whether they are right or wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	461.png
Views:	15
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1399210

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Should also mention, that i would sign the CCA request over the anti tamper strip just to cut out the to and throwing of natwest demanding a sig. Make the whole process quicker to establish whether they have it or not. Because as we all know, they wont tell you or send you anything without a signature whether they are right or wrong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10960[/ATTACH]
          Where do get anti tamper strips from?

Comment

Originally posted by florish View Post
            Where do get anti tamper strips from?
            Nid always explains it better than me

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
            Right click image - save to desktop - open document - go to where you want the strip and then click insert - image - select it - done
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Here's what NatWest have sent me.

Comment

Here's what NatWest have sent me. How can I make the photo look bigger?

Comment

You need to send a copy to niddy at webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. Put your name in the subject line and include a link to this thread. Do not black out any details, it is totally secure and only seen by niddy.

Comment

Ok, well obviously the picture makes it a little difficult to make out, but does look like all they have sent you is an application form, not the actual agreement - but send the whole thing to Niddy as advised above and he will have a look and let you know.

Best
                      SnV
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thanks folks, I'll send it to Niddy today.

Comment

Don't send Niddy the link to where you uploaded the image, send him the original scanned copy.

Comment

I received a letter today from Natwest stating that they have now passed my account to Westcot for them to manage.
                            Anyone any experience of dealing with Westcot?
                            Could this be good news if I was looking to settle this debt?

ps Niddy checked out my NatWest cca a couple of years ago, and unfortunately it's a 'good one'

Comment

Wetcloths = hahahahaha no powers! ignore unless anybody comes up with very serious claim, Doing the rounds by the look of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X