GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please

Hi, thanks for letting me join your Forum.

I'm looking for advice on how to approach NatWest to arrange a F&F settlement.

The o/s debt is for £8k
    Last month I offered to make a 20% (£1,600) payment as F&F.
    However they rejected the offer and stated that only the full £8k would be accepted.
    They advised me to continue making the arranged payments of £1 per month until the next review date in eight months time.

This account defaulted in 2005 and dropped off my credit file around two years ago.
    It's always been with NatWest and never been with any DCAs and I still get a NatWest statement every month.
    No interest has been added since 2005.
    I don't own any property or have any other asset.
    I am over 60 years old.
    I have never CCA'd NatWest.

My daughter is paying this for me, and while I'm not too surprised they didn't accept the 20% I am surprised that they have insisted on 100% which I would never let her pay.

Anyone any tips/advice on how to get them to accept a small %age F&F?

Thanks in advance

Re: NatWest Credit Card F&F advice needed please

Hi florish. Natwest won't consider a low F&F until it's passed to a dca.

If I were you, I'd stop paying them anything ... that makes them sit up and listen.

Is this a credit card or bank account?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's a credit card - says so in thread title

But yes, sadly only a dca will entertain any offer so it's mean cessation of payments and ignorance for 6 months till it's sold on.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Pixie, it's a credit card.
        account opened in 1997 and defaulted in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by florish View Post
          Hi Pixie, it's a credit card.
          account opened in 1997 and defaulted in 2005.
          sod F&F - cca them. Let's see if they've got the paperwork.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

have you considered sending a CCA Request? its very very likely Natwest dont hold the agreement, in which case stop paying and relax. If its dropped off your credit file already, then your home and dry
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Never-in-doubt.
              Would you say it's unheard of NatWest doing a F&F?

Comment

Directly, pretty much. Why would they and more to the point why are you so eager to pay when you've done the time and seen the default through? It's bonkers!

Comment

Why would you want to consider F&F? They seem to be happy at £1 a month. Assume you pay that for the next 30 years, it only comes to £360!

However, agree with the others in that it would be a good idea to send a CCA request. I know Natwest don't have mine from 1998.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, appreciated.
                    I may try for the CCA
                    However, if they can't produce how would it go in court (if it ever went there) with me paying regularly each month and offering F&Fs?

Comment

It cant go to court, thats the whole point! if they dont have a CCA, they can not enforce it in court, which means they will not.

Please read some of the UE diaries.

It is well known, for natwest to simply keep sending statements and do nothing else once confirmed that they can not locate an agreement and are barred from enforcement.

If you continue to pay them £1 a month after that, well its your choice, i personally wouldnt, neither would many others.

Comment

Originally posted by florish View Post
                        Thanks for all the advice, appreciated.
                        I may try for the CCA
                        However, if they can't produce how would it go in court (if it ever went there) with me paying regularly each month and offering F&Fs?
                        I know the thought of going to court scares you so first thing you need to be reassured of is that it wont ever get to court so please stop worrying.

Spend the few minutes it takes to edit the CCA request letter, print it off and send it recorded to Natwest. There is a long long long way to go before anyone even starts arranging any court hearings... not that they would in your case. So please try not to worry about that.

I would link you to the CCA letter but I can't seem to use the search
                        Last edited by patchouli; 24 January 2014, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                          I would link you to the CCA letter but I can't seem to use the search
                          Top left of forum page Template Letters

Here---> CCA Request

Comment

ahhh see I can see by the link path now where it is... Unenforceability > Section 1 - Starting..... > CCA request!

I was looking in all the sections for a link to simply CCA request lol

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              It cant go to court, thats the whole point! if they dont have a CCA, they can not enforce it in court, which means they will not.
                              Actually mate it CAN go to court, whether they'll win is another matter altogether but it can go to court for s.78 failings.

Comment

Working...
                              X