GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Settlement on CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settlement on CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Settlement on CCJ

3 phone calls today from 2 different numbers and 1 answerphone message!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A settlement has been agreed, though they refuse to show my CRAs as fully settled, but as it was shown as defaulted in 2007 this shouldn't be a sticking point
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        A settlement has been agreed, though they refuse to show my CRAs as fully settled, but as it was shown as defaulted in 2007 this shouldn't be a sticking point
        Brilliant Cym, new start now
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done Cym onwards and upwards x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi
            my ccj drops of credit file next year is it best to offer F/F once it has gone, still have 10years to pay £10 per month.
            Helmsman.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
            my ccj drops of credit file next year is it best to offer F/F once it has gone, still have 10years to pay £10 per month.
            Helmsman.

Comment

Are you a home owner? Why do you want to clear it? Do you have spare funds?

Comment

If you settle the CCJ then the cra files must reflect its settled and thus under the entry it will update the status to settled and the amount owed would be shown as £0.

If you make a partial settlement the status will show "partial settlement".
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                  Hi
                  Helmsman.
                  The CCJ still exists of course, until it's settled / partially settled by agreement.

If you've still got £2,000 owed on the CCJ and its 6 years old already then I don't see why you can't make a cheeky offer - in essence you've paid £600 over the last 6 years so you could offer a single £600 to settle it. They may bite.....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    The CCJ still exists of course, until it's settled / partially settled by agreement.

If you've still got £2,000 owed on the CCJ and its 6 years old already then I don't see why you can't make a cheeky offer - in essence you've paid £600 over the last 6 years so you could offer a single £600 to settle it. They may bite.....
                    Hi Niddy,
                    Once a ccj has passed the 6 years and has gone from credit file but money is still owed and being paid can a potential lender see this?. I am thinking where ccjs are registered.
                    Helmsman.

Comment

I believe the Trust register only holds details for 6 years whether they are cleared or still owing.

Comment

Indeed. Post +6 years all trace vanishes. Whether you pay or not.

Comment

Working...
                        X