GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Settlement on CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settlement on CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement on CCJ

I have a CCJ for about £9,5000 that is over 2 years old, being paid at £40 pcm. I may be given some money to clear this, I'm guessing that over £1,000 has been paid. Any suggestions as to how little I can offer?
    Thanks
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Settlement on CCJ

Is the CCJ with the OC ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No, I fought and failed! Pre AAD.

Comment

I'd start at 10%.....

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          I'd start at 10%.....
          And work downwards

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            I have a CCJ for about £9,5000 that is over 2 years old, being paid at £40 pcm.
            Would you risk the creditor applying for a CO on your home if you woke them up after over two years of silence or have they already done that? It only became an (almost) automatic right for a creditor to get a CO since October 2012. If they don't like your offer and you're forced to back away you may be putting yourself in a vulnerable positon. Hopefully not but it's worth thinking about

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
              Would you risk the creditor applying for a CO on your home if you woke them up after over two years of silence or have they already done that? It only became an (almost) automatic right for a creditor to get a CO since October 2012. If they don't like your offer and you're forced to back away you may be putting yourself in a vulnerable positon. Hopefully not but it's worth thinking about
              I thought a CO on your house , is only a real problem if it's a joint debt. if the debt is in a single persons name and the house is owned jointly it doesn't really effect anything( but as always I'm probably wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                I'd start at 10%.....
                And work downwards
                Well done planB -

Pretty funny actually....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re CO, already successfully fought one of these!

Would like to clear CCJ so that when mortgage rates start to rise I will be in a slightly stronger position to renegotiate.

Comment

Cym.

We have been offered 25% to clear a CCJ. We didnt instigate this DCA did

It is a CO but alot less than yours.

Account is with the big blue fish that is exciting everyone.

If that is of any use. Must admit shows how greedy they are cant even wait for the money after dragging you through the courts and getting it secured

And that 25% in our case doesnt even cover the court fees.

Comment

I'm not experienced on this but I have to admit I see a real possibility with what Plan B is saying - It is a Gamble that would need to be thought about carefully....I honestly dont know which way I would decide

Difficult one that is

Comment

Mine isn't the big blue fish but another of the favourites. They did offer a reduction last year but nothing since. Not sure if it is best to wait for them or if I instigate they may try for more!

25% would be very very nice!

Comment

Hi again, should I send my letter to the DCA or their solicitors? I guess it is the DCA as all questions are apparently referred back to them. I know that they with each other but .........

Comment

Cym, are you asking them for an offer....?
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

I was going to send F&F off letter, like the one you modified for me by pm, unless you are anyone else has any other suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X