GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trust Deed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trust Deed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust Deed

Hi, I have just received a call to my mobile. I usually ignore numbers I don't recognise and when this one came up I rejected it even though it was a Glasgow number. It immediately called me back so I answered it assuming someone was urgently trying to get me!

Anyway, it is some sort of money advice company who are aware that I have debts and offering me advice about Trust Deeds. I advised the lady that we looked at this route 6 years ago but my husband was being sequestrated (after his Trust Deed failled) and we decided that I would do a DMP instead. I also stated that the other thing that put us off about the Trust Deed also going the formal route later on was that we'd have to release equity again (we had to do this before and have only just paid back the family member who loaned us the money for that!) which would mean selling our house which we just can't do as we could never afford another one!

She said that things have changed in the last 6 years and that it may be more suitable for me now. I told her that I was concerned about what effect it would have on my credit file now that my defaults are falling off since they are 6 years old (she said they would still show anyway on my file!) and also that if it involved the equity in my house it would definitely be a no go. She said I'd need to speak to a senior adviser to get these answers, but I declined to do that just now.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Have rules changed and how would it affect my credit worthiness going forward?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Trust Deed

They have changed yes - read this handy little guide but don't use it for advice as it was the first link I found whilst searching for an easy explanation for you. Just use it as a resource to get the gist of the changes.

--> http://www.scotslawblog.com/scots-la...n-has-changed/

or

--> http://www.aib.gov.uk/protected-trust-deed-update
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Trust Deed

Thanks Niddy, I'll have a read through those.

Comment

Working...
      X