GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hardship Success Stories - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardship Success Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardship Success Stories

[INDENT][INDENT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]Gerry Hardship Success[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]H.B.O.S.[/B] Bank charges & interest rebate £2318[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Royal Bank Scotland[/B] Bank charges £266 [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Black Horse[/B] PPI Refund(Paid in 21 days) £2700 [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Black Horse[/B] Interest & compensation (FOS) £5220 [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Total £10,504[/B] [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[/INDENT][/INDENT]
    Last edited by Gerry; 3 February 2011, 12:24.

Re: Hardship Success

Oscar I've reserved this space for you....:luck :luck

Gerry x :wink

Comment

Congrats on your success's Gerry well done

Comment

[QUOTE=Gerry;50179][CENTER][/CENTER][INDENT][INDENT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]Gerry Hardship Success[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]H.B.O.S.[/B] Bank charges & interest rebate £2318[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Royal Bank Scotland[/B] Bank charges £266 [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Black Horse[/B] PPI Refund(Paid in 21 days) £2700 [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Black Horse[/B] Interest & compensation (FOS) £5220 [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Courier New][B]Total £10,504[/B] [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[/INDENT][/INDENT][/QUOTE]
        i paid ppi on a loan and a card but cant remember which i tried to claim on one but said it was not for self employed people so cancelled it but think it was more than 6 years ago
        at the start of this journey i owed
        £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
        £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
        on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
        as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
        ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

[QUOTE=transformer999;50200]Congrats on your success's Gerry well done[/QUOTE]

Cheers pal, it's good motivation for people to see successful claims. I didn't do anything amazing to accomplish these refunds, i just followed guidance for Financial Hardship.

Gerry x x:love :love

Comment

just a thought i have an overdraft that santander are chaseing me for, a lot of that is charges for a loan i have with them £174 per month that they kept paying themselves then returning it unpaid and charging me for the pleaseure when i get to the truckstop in kendal tonight will look into it a bit more
            on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]

Comment

[QUOTE=wishfullthinking;50205]i paid ppi on a loan and a card but cant remember which i tried to claim on one but said it was not for self employed people so cancelled it but think it was more than 6 years ago[/QUOTE]

Its worth a try, if you can remember the creditor.

Gerry x:love

Comment

:mad:mad:mad:madWouldnt count on it for me Gerry.

Had second reply from FOS - first five paragraphs telling me who fos are and what they do FFS! - I worked in Financial industry for 9 years - I know what they do!

Then telling me bits about the court ruling, section 5 and 6 of the regulations

Going on about bank charges and what they are required to do etc.

They IGNORE my comments/evidence on Financial Hardship (mentioned in para 80 of the test case), IGNORED my comments on the Lending Code, IGNORED my comments re what FOS told banks, and IGNORED my commenet that Lord Phillips stated that "it bank charges my still be unfair" (not a direct quote.

Oh, and also said, that I couldnt request on Ombudsman to look at my case before an adjudicator had investigated (which I assuming they had done given their first letter!!

This is going to have to be given serious attention this week I feel!!

grrr :mad:mad:mad:mad
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

im gonna try on my overdraft will take my statements with me to scotland [hope the weather is better this week] and try and do a spread sheet with what i have paid etc is it worth starting a reclaim diary cos im gonna need LOADS of help

Comment

[QUOTE=oscar;50262]:mad:mad:mad:madWouldnt count on it for me Gerry.

Had second reply from FOS - first five paragraphs telling me who fos are and what they do FFS! - I worked in Financial industry for 9 years - I know what they do!

Then telling me bits about the court ruling, section 5 and 6 of the regulations

Going on about bank charges and what they are required to do etc.

They IGNORE my comments/evidence on Financial Hardship (mentioned in para 80 of the test case), IGNORED my comments on the Lending Code, IGNORED my comments re what FOS told banks, and IGNORED my commenet that Lord Phillips stated that "it bank charges my still be unfair" (not a direct quote.

Oh, and also said, that I couldnt request on Ombudsman to look at my case before an adjudicator had investigated (which I assuming they had done given their first letter!!

This is going to have to be given serious attention this week I feel!!

grrr :mad:mad:mad:mad[/QUOTE]

Thats a strange one, did you state on your complaint form to FOS that you were claiming under financial hardship?

Did FOS send a copy of your complaint onto creditor?

Comment

Yes Gerry, FH was mentioned, but apparently, the bank is not compelled to do much (according to FOS) - my letters (two I think to FOS) and their responses will be up on here tomorrow.

Can also upload/attach my original letter to the bank (if needed), which was ignored, until I managed to call them afte they wanted me to complete a survey.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=oscar;50993]Yes Gerry, FH was mentioned, but apparently, the bank is not compelled to do much (according to FOS) - my letters (two I think to FOS) and their responses will be up on here tomorrow.

Can also upload/attach my original letter to the bank (if needed), which was ignored, until I managed to call them afte they wanted me to complete a survey.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to a wee look at the correspondence if thats ok with you?

Comment

No worries Gerry, will edit the letters this evening - as they contain various names from the bank, me, FOS etc ....

Comment

[QUOTE=oscar;50993]Yes Gerry, FH was mentioned, but apparently, [B]the bank is not compelled to do much[/B] (according to FOS) - my letters (two I think to FOS) and their responses will be up on here tomorrow.

Can also upload/attach my original letter to the bank (if needed), which was ignored, until I managed to call them afte they wanted me to complete a survey.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Courier New]Was hardship mentioned in your first letter of complaint or did you add this later?[/FONT]
                            [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]That’s not exactly true in your circumstances as you’ve had [/COLOR][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Courier New][B][COLOR=black]•Payments regularly returned.P[/COLOR][COLOR=black]ayments regularly get returned unpaid as you’ve not enough money in your account [/COLOR][COLOR=black]and you Can’t pay for necessities. You’re struggling to meet basic necessities eg mortgage, council tax, food, utility bills also the [/COLOR][COLOR=black]consequences of the charges has pushed you further into financial difficulties.[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Courier New][B][/B][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Courier New][B]Gerry :love
                            [/B][/FONT]

Comment

[QUOTE=oscar;50995]No worries Gerry, will edit the letters this evening - as they contain various names from the bank, me, FOS etc ....[/QUOTE]

Pm or email them to me. You'll get it sorted, but you may need to re-commence back to first stage of a hardship case. :luck

Gerry :wink

Comment

Working...
                              X