GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Desperate to help them ***DEBT WRITTEN OFF*** - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperate to help them ***DEBT WRITTEN OFF***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desperate to help them

Two suggestions here -

Firstly, if you can possibly manage it I would get a TrueCall machine. If you have a member of the family who is seriously ill then you must have control of your telephone line. You never know when you are going to need to summon emergency assistance.

Even though the telephone abuse may have stopped for now, there are no guarantees that it will not return. It is also possible that you may have difficulties with other creditors in the future if money is extremely tight and you may have emergency needs.

It is not just harassment from banks and debt collectors which are a factor. Anyone can get nuisance calls from idiots like those Indian scammers who pretend to be from Microsoft. You just don't need any of that right now. TrueCall has customisable features so you can choose what you block and what you want to let through. (This assumes you were being harassed on a land line and not a cell phone).

As far as the bank goes, you definitely need to write to them. As long as there is no written communication addressed to a manager which outlines the exact situation in explicit terms they can always hide behind the excuse of “We didn't know”. Once that has been done, they've got NO excuses.

By all means wait for Niddy as he won't steer you wrong, but something has to be sent to the bank. It doesn't even need to be a formal complaint in the first instance, just a request for more reasonable behaviour (and a reversal of the unreasonable interest and charges). The complaints can come later if they don't respond, and they will carry greater weight because the bank will then be ignoring your legitimate requests.

They would be insane to cause too much trouble with this. The correct balance on the account is £1000, and they would lose half of that straight away if this ended up going to the Fobbing Off Service. Even if they sold the alleged debt to a purchaser that is more than they would be able to recover.

Give the manager a chance to look at it first, and then take it from there.

SH
    Last edited by ScabHunter; 15 April 2012, 19:42.

Comment

UPDATE
      Whoo Hoo!!!!
      With an enormous amount of help and support from Undercover Elsa & imput from Mr DMP I have recieved a letter today from HSBC agreeing to write off my daughters debt (approx£1300) the process has been a long one and flawed with errors by HSBC but the right result was achieved in the end.
      U Elsa has been amazing, we could not have got through this without her support kind words and hand holding she truly deserves a medal.

My grandson is still a very poorly liitle boy and the past few months have been very difficult he requires 24 hour care and the prognosis for the future is poor. Having the debt written off means one less thing to worry about, we can concentrate on the important things in life thanks to AAD, Elsa & Mr Dmp

Comment

Great news about the bank writing off the debt...they actually have a heart...I'm amazed!

Concentrate now on what is truly important...your daughter and grandson. I wish your son-in-law luck in finding a job...that will be another weight off their minds.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Desperate to help them ***DEBT WRITTEN OFF***

Thats really good news, am so happy for you.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Excellent news - well done for not giving up. Well done U.Elsa as well - excellent achievement!

Comment

Thanks everyone but it was this lovely family's genuine and heartrending situation which won the day.
              Sorry we couldn't give a blow by blow account on here but the details were just too in depth and personal.

We just kept on and on at them on a humanitarian basis until finally someone with a heart took notice.

Over the last few months I've got to know this family really well, in order to be able to put their case accurately. I just wish you could all see the photo I saw of this absolutely beautiful little boy, with tubes coming out of him. A real heart breaker.
              A special thankyou to our lovely DMP guy for his input and to Niddy for his help and for trusting us to sort it out "undercover"

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                Thanks everyone but it was this lovely family's genuine and heartrending situation which won the day.
                Sorry we couldn't give a blow by blow account on here but the details were just too in depth and personal.

We just kept on and on at them on a humanitarian basis until finally someone with a heart took notice.

Over the last few months I've got to know this family really well, in order to be able to put their case accurately. I just wish you could all see the photo I saw of this absolutely beautiful little boy, with tubes coming out of him. A real heart breaker.
                A special thankyou to our lovely DMP guy for his input and to Niddy for his help and for trusting us to sort it out "undercover"
                The help give on AAD by all of you just keeps getting better and better

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                  The help give on AAD by all of you just keeps getting better and better
                  I would second that. Its very comforting to feel someone is on our side whatever our own stories are. They are very personal to us.

You are all a great team and ever so helpful. It dumfounds me how such a wealth of experience of matters not just relating to debt has been assembled.

I read with interest posts I think surely no one is going to answer that and bingo someone pops up. Not with a theory or something they would suspect would be right but with experiences of their own.

Brilliant and well done Elsa enjoy your day. You obviously with Niddy and Mr DMP have made a difference.

Comment

I think this is fantastic news. Just goes to show what can be achieved with time and effort.

It's also nice to see a result from a thread that goes quiet, just shows that everything works well and that the mods do a huge amount of work behind the scenes

Comment

Just picked up on this thread. Excellent news on the debt being written off.
                      Wishing you and your family the very best for the future.
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Just been guided to this thread by Elsa....heart wrenching, Banks should not be allowed to harass people in this situation.

First and foremost priority is that wee boy, can't imagine what you all must be going through .

Fantastic news that Elsa & co have managed to get debt written off, hopefully now you can concentrate on your wee Grandson instead of having to worry constantly about banks and such lowlifes.

Sort of in the same situ but with my Hubby and again Elsa and Niddy came to our rescue, they are amazing kind hearted people.

Now all your strength and concentration can go into looking after your Grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post

Well done Elsa, Our DMP guy and Nid........love good news me
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                          X